Thread: Disabling traction control????

Disabling traction control????

Been struggling with this for awhile and still no luck. Think I have completely disabled torque management but apparently traction control is still active and showing up. I believe I have disabled both engine and transmission torque management but do not see any traction control tables. I also reverted back to almost the stock tune thinking it was something I had messed with previously but no success. Am I missing something? Is torque management and traction control linked? Is there a way to disable traction control?
    Steve

2007 GMC Canyon Z71-4x4 | 3.7 I5-Auto | 4" Skyjacker suspension lift | 3" Performance Accessories body lift | 33x11.5x17 tires (going 35x12.5x17) | 3.73 gears | 57 K&N | BPi VS | AMS EaAU 6081 | SSK MAF Adapter | NGK AFX w/ NTK WBO2 | AMSoil fluids

Wouldn't the TC Desired torque be the amount that TC would be allowing? 100% torque would be TC off I would think.

I don't know how else you could turn it off in your tune outside of what you've already done.
    Hawk

Right but I can not figure out why it is still reducing traction torque if I am telling it no reduction. Also could not find anything else in the tune to adjust for this or that may be limiting traction torque. Was hoping to get some feedback from the HPT staff and/or some of the super experienced tuners.
    Steve

2007 GMC Canyon Z71-4x4 | 3.7 I5-Auto | 4" Skyjacker suspension lift | 3" Performance Accessories body lift | 33x11.5x17 tires (going 35x12.5x17) | 3.73 gears | 57 K&N | BPi VS | AMS EaAU 6081 | SSK MAF Adapter | NGK AFX w/ NTK WBO2 | AMSoil fluids

I see. Prolly have to PM Chris- seems like he's omnipotent in all things HPT. Good luck, seems like our I5's (and I6's) are the readheaded stepchildren of the I4/5/6 world . You'd be amazed at options we have for the I5, but not the I6 (at least an 02), and vice versa.
    Hawk

Steve

steve why do you think its still reducing torque???

in your logs it shows that its allowing 100% torque the whole time. you never went WOT so you cant tell if it allows it or not, but its showing that its allowing it.

In the table display on the upper right hand corner. There are 2 rows. The "Traction Control Desired Torque" is showing 100% (desiring no traction control) but the "Traction Control Torque" is fluctuating up and down below 100% which is limiting the actual torque being delivered to the wheels.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by jackedupcanyon View Post
    In the table display on the upper right hand corner. There are 2 rows. The "Traction Control Desired Torque" is showing 100% (desiring no traction control) but the "Traction Control Torque" is fluctuating up and down below 100% which is limiting the actual torque being delivered to the wheels.
    exactly, as long as "TC desired tq" is showing 100% it means traction control isnt enabling.

But why is the actual not 100%? I can feel it ramp in and out.
    Steve

thats percentage of calculated engine torque. if you arent making 100% engine torque it wont hit 100%.

The why in the hell call it "Traction Control Torque" and not "Calculated Engine Torque"? Makes no sense to me.
    Steve

i dont know either, but compare a stock log and a tuned log and watch the "TC desired torque".

I don't see an on/off byte to disable traction control, equivalence ratio for torque control if traction control is active, traction control desired torque for gear and upshift, maximum allowed engine torque ?
    If the minimum temp doesn't disable it ( Coolant temperature above which torque reduction for traction control will be allowed)--something else is responsible.
    How about "Engine Speed threshold below which any torque managment spark retard will be inhibited." ?
    2009 Cadillac CTS-V 196.7 MPH on the Salt
    Superflow SF600 FlowBench -- Superflow Autodyn 30 Chassis Dyno -- Superflow SF901 Engine Dyno--RaceLogic Emulator -- MikiPro Logic Emulator -- ASNU Injector Flow Bench --

Quote Originally Posted by jackedupcanyon View Post
    That's hilarious! A video of a cricket sound, FOR REAL!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
    2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS