Thread: Cam installed off a tooth? 30* of timing

Tuner in Training

Cam installed off a tooth? 30* of timing

Heres the deal, I have a 2005 GTO automatic with full exhaust, built trans and 3200 stall, we put a 228/232 .588/.595 114lsa cam in it last week and I have been working on tuning it...

Took it out to a 1/8th mile track rental today and ran with my buddy who has a 06 GTO with underdrive pulley and stall.. stock everything else

Me and him were trapping identical all day long, between 83-85 in the 1/8th mile.

I threw some timing at the car.... and then threw some more.... I was running 30* at WOT with no hint of KR...

I did a highway pull with him after, 60mph-130mph and I put a half fender if that on him.

Something does not seem right here, WOT AFR was between 12.5 and 12.8 on the wideband and no KR anywhere even with 30* of WOT timing.

Could the cam be advanced/retarded one tooth? I don't get it
    2014 Corvette Z51 M7
    A&A Vortech V3 SI on 3.8" Pulley, Texas Speed 1 7/8" Catless Longtubes, MightyMouse Gen 5 catch can, LT4 High Pressure Fuel Pump
    617rwhp/575rwtq

It's possible.
    Ever have it on the dyno to see the shapes of the power curve?
    You could just pull a valve cover, and rocker set, then check the ICL on the cam without pulling everything apart.
    You could just be throwing so much timing at it that your loosing power.