Thread: LB7 Tuning Help

Potential Tuner

LB7 Tuning Help

The truck is a 2002, and is suppose to have a 50 hp tune on it, mild just for towing according to the gauges it is making 27lbs of boost, well anytime i have to give it a little more throttle for long up hill pulls or even if the truck is empty,i get really high EGT's i have spoken with a few tuners and they feel that the EGTs are high than they should be, the tranny also does not seem like it is locking up when it should and so the engine is being overworked, if i can feather the throttle and keep it at 20lbs of boost is will lock up and stay at about 1300 degrees but any high and the EGTs go way up and i don't feel like i am getting anymore power just hot exhaust, also the tranny will shift up. any help would be great. FYI the TCM has been reflashed with the 2000 programming

Senior Tuner
    Post your tune. What did you follow for your 50 horse tune?

Potential Tuner

Tune

Here is the tune. It was done by another tuner not me, so i'm not sure how the HP was achieved

Tuner in Training trx2stroke4life39's Avatar
    I am at work and don't have my laptop with me so I can't look at the tune but add some timing across the board and it should help lower your EGTs
    2001- Silverado 4.8, coldair intake, custom catback, headers, Stohner Tuned
    2003- durmax dads truck.Yet to be tuned completely.