Thread: Increasing/Decreasing TCC vs. Throttle %

Tuner in Training

Increasing/Decreasing TCC vs. Throttle %

How would go about keeping the TCC from locking back up when increasing speed like down the highway, for example, I would be driving the highway and with a slight throttle % increase want the TCC to unlock but not downshift into 3rd, is there a way to up the throttle % so that way TCC unlocks but doesn't downshift to 3rd and then lock back up again.

I know this sounds confusing but I hope someone understands what I'm triing to do here, can I put my TCC Duty Cycle min tables to 50 and my max tables to 100, would that do it??

The car has a stock trans in it as well.

Advanced Tuner
    Trans -> Auto TCC -> Apply Release Speed (normal or performance, whichever one you want to change)

In order to release the TCC, the vehicle speed must be below the set speed for the indicated throttle position.

The numbers you can change is the vehicle speed, so you would decrease these numbers to release the TCC sooner (use the 3rd or 4th release row in the table). For example, on my 98 GTP at 18.75% throttle in 4th gear, my vehicle speed must be below 48 MPH in order for the TCC to release. If I was running 40MPH it would stay locked. Now, if I modified this table and set this to 38 MPH, then at 40 MPH the TCC would unlock.
    -Eddie

1998 GTP - 3.4 [3.2] [3.0] MPS - custom CAI - F.1 Ram Air hood - XP Cam - Ported Heads - 1.84/1.60 Si valves - 1.6 HS Roller Rockers - 72mm Ported TB - LQ4 MAF - 42.5# Lucas Injectors - Pacesetters
    1/4 PB - 13.025 @ 106.81 MPH w/ 2.069 60'
    2021 Chevrolet Colorado 2.8 Baby Duramax

Potential Tuner
    i think that will do just you need to be limited to throttle speed. i had done this thing before and somehow like this.
    racing dna is all about throttle. make it a visit here and see the racing fun in sense!
    Last edited by gabe74gt; 04-30-2010 at 08:10 AM.