Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New 2010 V6 Camaro Support?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by brjray View Post

Is hptuners hiring or interested in paying on a contract basis for someone to work on unlocking this pcm? I am BSME with some programming background (mainly C++) if it would help. Also have a 2010 V6 avail to tinker with. I am located on the west side of Indianapolis.
    http://www.hptuners.com/employment/

If we had 10 engineers it would be a no brainer, unfortunately thats not the case.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Bill, Sounds like you guys are quite busy. I'm interested in accessing the E69. Is there anything I can do to help? I may be able to ship you an ECM. I've got a motor, harness, and ECM just about ready to go on the dyno. If I can't use HP Tuner, I'll have to go with a fully programmable ECU. Please PM me if I can help. Thanks.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by brjray View Post
    I noticed you are located in NJ but the job posting says relocation to Chicago required. Are some of the engineers working able to work remotely? I can follow up at the application page if that would be easier.

Thanks,
    Brandin
    I was in a special situation, we no longer hire workers to work remotely...our facility is right outside of Chicago & is where 3 of our engineers work out of currently.

sorry.

writing a tune to the ECM is not a problem, we can do this already. The problem is reading the existing tune out of the ECM. Once we have Dodge released we will be looking at this and other Bosch ECM related things.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    STS is junk. That is all.

So, if you pull the tune out once or get a tune from another source, you can tweak it and reflash the PCM?
    Free HP Tuners Beginners Tuning Guide

LS1 Tuning Guide
    Michigan Snowmobiler

1969 Firebird: 11.67@114 [email protected] 1/8 1.70 60 ft. EPS cam 234/246 .602.606 114+3, 6.0 LQ4, L92 heads milled 10.5:1, Ported L76 intake, ported 90mm Holley TB, 100mm MAF, FIC Custom injectors, Hooker LT, PYPES dual exhaust with an X pipe, 4L65e with all of the good parts inside, FTI 4000 RPM Stall, 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. HP Tuner tuned by me

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 69lt1bird View Post
    So, if you pull the tune out once or get a tune from another source, you can tweak it and reflash the PCM?
    no

Tuner in Training
    a company here in Australia just released their turbo kit for the commodore. seeing some very good gains. 285rwkws on only 8psi of boost. this was done on the base alloytec holden sell which only has cam phasing on the intake cams. these phasers where also disabled as they haven't finalized the tune yet.

just wanted to let the people in America know that they were only able to get this to work by replacing the factory ecu. but with a proper ecu and tuning on the LY7 motor 320-330rwkws should be easy to get with only 10psi of boost.

Tuner
    Bill, didn't you say that the alloytec (3.6 in Austrailia) and our PCM are different here? I thought I remembered somone saying there is more tuning options for our pcms out here?

Monaro, do you happen to have a link for this, or know what aftermarket ECU they are running? I'd be very interested to know. Additionally, the converstion factor is like 380 WHP from 285RWKW, that is some crazy power on 8 PSI. What injectors are you guys using, and what fuel pump?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    In 2008 GM changed to a new E69 pcm in many 3.6 models including the CTS, Holden's, G8's and the new camaro.

Tuner
    Bill, how can I find out is my 08 Aura XR uses that PCM? And if my Aura uses that PCM what does that say for my functionality? I have my new HPT coming any day now.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Bill, how can I find out is my 08 Aura XR uses that PCM? And if my Aura uses that PCM what does that say for my functionality? I have my new HPT coming any day now.
    You would need to look at your pcm to find out what it uses. Off the top of my head I believe your vehicle uses an E67 pcm.

Tuner
    I wish there was a function list for my E67. I wish I knew if it were possible to tune for boost on this setup, Ive heard of people having a helluva time...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    There is, its all in our help file www.hptuners.com/help

There are roughly 400 editable pcm tables for those pcm's.

Tuner in Training
    the ecu they used a vipec v88.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLMG6gDp_oI

the reading issue affects both E69 and some E77 PCMs. It is a function of the operating system software, not the ECM itself. I'm confident we will find a solution when we can allocate some development time to it.
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    After driving one recently - it's really an amazing car: holds the road well and still rides like a dream, has a broad flat torque curve yet is rated 29 highway. Just an all around well done car for GM. I love the new V6 camaro (and the upcoming new V6 mustang as well), so I'm saying this with the utmost respect for their owners, current and future.

I'm glad to see that the guys at HPT are not jumping right into new platforms while that have a million and one things to do for existing customers on older, currently limited platforms.
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by monaro327 View Post
    the ecu they used a vipec v88.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLMG6gDp_oI
    Nice! We installe the Vipec V88 in my friends supra!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    I wish there was a function list for my E67. I wish I knew if it were possible to tune for boost on this setup, Ive heard of people having a helluva time...
    Yeah all those CTS-V's and ZR1's must be going bonkers! LOL
    Chris White
    www.GTOShiftLight.com
    2006 GTO Spice Red A4
    2012 Jeep SRT8
    2013 SRX Custom IPC/BCM/CUE
    2013 XTS4 Custom IPC/BCM/CUE Auto High Beams
    2013 Volt Custom IPC/BCM/Radio

Tuner
    I find it strange that they have provision for boost, yet other E67s cannot.