Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New 2010 V6 Camaro Support?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by O5G View Post
    Bill what does Low priority mean? I looked back the 4 pages and it seems like its been going on for over 18 months now? I am outside of Chicago and would be willing to help any way I can...
    Means we have higher priority things in front of it ie Dodge, 2.24, keeping up with our current GM line, etc.

Additionally there are much easier pcms out there for us to try and support, making these a low priority.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Bill, I would hope that the company would see there are over 100,000 of these V6 Camaro's on the road and the ROI would be recovered in less than 1QTR. If you even take 15% of the ones on the road you would have completed your ROI and have a great quarter to beat. I have a twin turbo car waiting for your tune at IPS right now. I have invested my time, my Camaro, and want your tune to be the face of the twin turbo set up of the first 500+ HP V6 Camaro. Please let me know what I can do if anything to get this done. We have several kits awaiting pre order for the tuning solution....

Tuner in Training

Exclamation Dont give up now!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Means we have higher priority things in front of it ie Dodge, 2.24, keeping up with our current GM line, etc.

Additionally there are much easier pcms out there for us to try and support, making these a low priority.
    I can appreciate that you guys been looking into this for a long time but come on, a "low priority"!!??

The new 5th gen camaro's has been one of the hottest selling cars in US since its debut far exceeding a dodge, ford, and continuing for 2011.
    I appreciate that you guys have the tune capable and available for a v8 SS model but that only cover half of the 5th gen camaros.
    Modded 5th gen v6 camaros are doubling and tripling by the day and with the 2012 new v6 powerplant also being the same ecu it will only get better for the v6 camaro crowd and bigger.

Come on guys, "low priority" is just riculous! You guys been going for this long so please dont let it go now. There are thousands of interest for tuning a 5th gen v6 camaro and I am not just speaking for myself but for the rest of the v6 community

I get asked when the Gen5 V6 release is going to happen as much as Bill gets asked when 2.24 is going to be released.

Im not sure how much of a demand there is to tune some of the mom and pop grocery getter cars on the HP Tuners list with similar ECMs, but there sure is ALOT of demand for the Gen5 V6.

Nothing in R & D is easy but I see the need for HP Tuners to hire more folks so EFI doesnt cross the finish line first.

Tuner in Training
    I completely understand the logic here. If there are other projects that are easier to complete with high return, then it makes sense to prioritize them above this.

I'd still like to see this done though. It'd turn me into a paying customer as well.

Tuner in Training
    I spent $600 on hp tuners and it is now worthless. Since I got rid of my cobalt and got a v6 camaro... something needs to happen or I will be a very unhappy customer!
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS, 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Welcome to my world bud lol.... its fun to work on other people vehicles though.
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun

Tuner in Training
    We are still waiting! v6 camaro outsold ford, dodge, and its big brother SS for 2 year straight. Still a low priority!?

Tuner in Training
    Come on bill!! HP Tuners for 5th gen v6 camaro is no brainer. You guys can do anything and I am sure that you guys can make this happen. Its been a looooong time and peoples are still asking for E69 Bosch tuning capability. That should tell you how much money can go in HP Tuner's pockets!! v6 camaro tune or die trying! lol ALMOST 10K VIEWS!!

I don't think it's a matter of money making, it's the amount of time that has to be put into cracking the ECM, and that's assuming it can be cracked... I asked Bill if the LML Duramax ECM would be supported because I was hoping that HP would beat EFI live to it and start raking in the money and pushing the LML down the quarter in the 10's. However, he said they had one for a couple months, tried everything in the book, and the ECM wouldn't budge. They have no plans to support it... I hate to say it, but unless they have something up their sleeves to tackle Bosch PCMs, I wouldn't hold your breath.
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by V84BRKFST View Post
    Come on bill!! HP Tuners for 5th gen v6 camaro is no brainer. You guys can do anything and I am sure that you guys can make this happen. Its been a looooong time and peoples are still asking for E69 Bosch tuning capability. That should tell you how much money can go in HP Tuner's pockets!! v6 camaro tune or die trying! lol ALMOST 10K VIEWS!!
    Already being done by a not so well known tuner package .

which one?
    Andrew

Tuner in Training
    I dont know why peoples say that the camaro v6 ecm is not cracked There are 2 companies as of right now that support it. Trifecta and soon hypertech. Hypertech is in the beta testing phase as of right now.

If I remember correctly one of the HP tuner guys said that they already have what trifecta has open, but for some reason HP tuners think thats not enough. What is enough and who really need hundreds of tables open. As of right now trifecta can tweak from NOS, to turbo, to about anything else in the middle. The only drawback with them is that we can't tune ourself!

Thats what most of us want and thats why we are here bugging HP tuners. Put out what you guys have open and let us the customers decide what is enough and what is not. I am sure it will be more than enough for most of us.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ajamesbond007 View Post
    which one?
    What he said ^^^^^^^^ starting with T.

Quote Originally Posted by LSX378 View Post
    What he said ^^^^^^^^ starting with T.
    Which one is that??? Well if that's the case, hopefully I can get support for my G8 I heard Trifecta supported them as well but unsure...
    EFI Live was able to read (not edit or reflash) the PCM of my car, but HP wasnt
    Andrew

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ajamesbond007 View Post
    Which one is that??? Well if that's the case, hopefully I can get support for my G8 I heard Trifecta supported them as well but unsure...
    EFI Live was able to read (not edit or reflash) the PCM of my car, but HP wasnt
    Did EFI show you any tables from the V6?

Sadly no. I had a beta version and it just pulled the binary file off the car and sent it to their support to have them look at it. They did this wanting to see how many people would be interested in getting these PCM's tuned since they are monsters to crack and decode (or whatever you call what they do) Trust me, if I had seen the tables, we would be off to the track... But EFI was able to pull the tune. Right now they have been busy with their Cummins support and new GM vehicles, so I doubt that they will revisit me at least... You guys with your DI V6's might stand a chance. I did work with Bill with the lastest Beta at the time (last March) and we weren't able to pull the file with HP
    Andrew

Potential Tuner
    This is seriously pathetic. You guys STILL have not come out with a tune? How on earth is the best selling muscle car for the last 2 years a "low priority"? You're telling me that Vince from Trifecta has more time and resources than all of HP tuners?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil1987 View Post
    This is seriously pathetic. You guys STILL have not come out with a tune? How on earth is the best selling muscle car for the last 2 years a "low priority"? You're telling me that Vince from Trifecta has more time and resources than all of HP tuners?
    They are working on it "now".. but to your question if I remember correctly..supposedly, they already have what vince at trifecta already has available and had it since day one but, trifecta only have 20-30 tables open and according to HPT they are not 20-30 guys. When they open up a ecu they open the whole thing wide open so I guess they cant put their name on a limited tuning.

HPT, Correct me if I am wrong.