Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: New 2010 V6 Camaro Support?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by V84BRKFST View Post
    They are working on it "now".. but to your question if I remember correctly..supposedly, they already have what vince at trifecta already has available and had it since day one but, trifecta only have 20-30 tables open and according to HPT they are not 20-30 guys. When they open up a ecu they open the whole thing wide open so I guess they cant put their name on a limited tuning.

HPT, Correct me if I am wrong.
    That's fine if they don't want to "put their name on a limited tune." However, it will be not the only product it will work on. All it is is an add-on to a full program. No, it will not make sense to buy HPT just to tune this one particular vehicle, but they need to give there customers, especially the ones that own shops, the ability to tune the most popular cars.
    Now Bill told me, "My mother drove a V6 Camaro, and didn't tune it." This was a pretty dick comment to make to a paying customer, but I guess that's he does business. But, you look around online and people are modding these cars almost as much as the V8 guys. Even basic tuning ability would be nice without having to buy an entirely new program.

Advanced Tuner
    I'd be thrilled to have 20 tables to work with on my CTS with the same 3.6 DI/Bosch ECU as the Camaro. 20 is WAY better than ZERO.

I say release what you have and anyone that complains about not having more tables looses the ability to download new beta's. Or how about this, release what you have but state that there will be NO support, help or complaining to HPT about this particular ECU. It is what it is and no discussions about "why doesn't this work?" or "can you add this?".

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Guys we haven't even read one of these pcm's yet. We currently have no eta as to when we'll be able to look into them further.

Earlier v6's, to this day, are a ton of work to upkeep as we get several new operating systems every week to map out. I own a V6 grand prix GTP I am that market, my wife owns a 99 Buick Century(she hasn't slapped on a turbo and isn't attempting to tune it).

For us it comes down to the amount of work involved in something vs is it going to be profitable for us over the long haul. While the new V6 Camaro's cost over $25k new and their owners may have changed along the way the amount of work involved with these isn't trivial so to say "give us the ability to tune the most popular cars" while we would love to its not always that simple.

In the meantime I'm going to shut down this thread as we have no new news at this time other than we'll look into it further as time and resources permit.

Thanks,
    Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"