Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: simple ve LTFTs question

my 22lb injectors actually ran lean on 22.27 as in i got a lean dtc. i wouldn't touch the ifr unless u changed injectors, if you want to there. is however a correct way to do it.. i just guessed on mine.

QUESTION: i'm running in speed density currently... is it okay for me to run wot as long as im not scanning the run for tuning?
    Last edited by thebeewantsboost; 01-14-2010 at 10:29 PM.
    2001 3.8 v6 camaro, T5, ford 42lb green top injectors, grand national .63 a/r turbo. 8psi. stock motor, ngk tr6 plugs (one step colder) 91 octane.

2001 4.3 zr2 s10. daily driver, 31" tires, 4x4, cat! and exhaust. looking for mpg.

My guess would be: as long as your tune is going into PE mode then its ok

im really not sure what you mean by that? but i think as long as i dont do it during the scan, ill be okay...
    what cells do i filter out for my tune?
    Last edited by thebeewantsboost; 01-15-2010 at 01:41 PM.
    2001 3.8 v6 camaro, T5, ford 42lb green top injectors, grand national .63 a/r turbo. 8psi. stock motor, ngk tr6 plugs (one step colder) 91 octane.

2001 4.3 zr2 s10. daily driver, 31" tires, 4x4, cat! and exhaust. looking for mpg.

what do you mean?
    What does scanning it (READING NOT WRITING)
    have anything to do with it?

PE = Power Enrichment
    PE is where your car's computer commands a rich AFR for WOT but your actual AFR will more than likely not be the same thing!

im saying, i'm in speed density right now.... driving everyday without a maf. letting the computer learn the fuel trims. i figure as long im not logging a run, that i will be using to alter my tune. its ok that i go wot...
    i understand what PE is.. i just don't understand what u mean by
    " as long as your tune is going into PE mode"

as in the tune i'm currently running isn't disabling pe?

Quote Originally Posted by thebeewantsboost View Post
    " as long as your tune is going into PE mode"

as in the tune i'm currently running isn't disabling pe?
    YES, as long as your AFR is right then I think its fine
    But dont take my word for it or get advice from me, I have been out of the tunning hobby for like 4 years now? 5?

IS THIS THE CORRECT WAY TO FILTER OUT UNWANTED DECEL CELLS?
    thanks

I tried > (greater than) and nothing was recording.
    I tried < (less than) and it started recording.

I imagine that JUST because the LTFT histogram is showing that I'm in a current cell does NOT actually correlate to the chart or table display right? It doesnt mean that I'm recording data in that cell (because of the Fuel Trim Cell 1 filter) It just means that I'm in that position of the cell. thanks
    Last edited by mayne; 01-17-2010 at 05:30 PM.