Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Limplimplimp Be Gone!

Limplimplimp Be Gone!

Make it go away HPT, make it go away! It's been almost two years, same problem. I would sell a testicle for a simple solution make the overboost tables available/disappear! I want to run 25,30,35 psi without going into limp mode!
    2011 Camaro SS. LS3/630rwhp n/a

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    they are going to tell you to pound sand until third quarter
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    they are going to tell you to pound sand until third quarter
    QFT. You could invest in an IAT/MAP tricker, but that requires careful tuning, and I would also recommend alcohol injection at that point as some additional insurance against knock when running significantly higher boost pressures.

BTW, spinner, do you have a larger turbo installed? From what I've read, the stock turbo can make a ~ 30psi spike in the midrange but will barely sustain 22 psi to redline on our stock engine.
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

Quote Originally Posted by oldskool View Post
    QFT. You could invest in an IAT/MAP tricker, but that requires careful tuning, and I would also recommend alcohol injection at that point as some additional insurance against knock when running significantly higher boost pressures.

BTW, spinner, do you have a larger turbo installed? From what I've read, the stock turbo can make a ~ 30psi spike in the midrange but will barely sustain 22 psi to redline on our stock engine.
    Big turbo. I have an IAT/MAP tricker, but dont like it installed. Car runs like shit not at WOT with it on, and still throws limp at wot.
    2011 Camaro SS. LS3/630rwhp n/a

Advanced Tuner
    If you purchased it from dejon, maybe try working with them to get it tuned properly at WOT? They claim to have some success with it so I'd have no problem holding them to some tech support.
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

i should have the overboost thing done this week.
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    Chris, you are THE MAN!!

Any chance this will translate over to the Bosch ME9 E55 pcms also? (2.8T HFV6 Turbo)

Cheers,
    Brian
    2011 Chevrolet Cruze LT: 15.110 @ 89.380 MPH

Vermont Tuning LLC
    1806 Sweet Hollow Road
    Sheldon VT, 05483
    Ph: 802-393-7305
    email :[email protected]
    www.vtunerperformance.com (Now Live!)

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    I wasn't expecting that, but i'm extremely grateful! no overboost + meth injection + 26 PSI from 2500-5000 RPM = my new 400 ft-lb toy

So will there be an announcement for the latest beta, or should we just contact you at the end of the week?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'll try to make a post in this thread, you can contact support with your serial number and your .hpt file & link to this thread with the subject Bosch overboost beta so I can check to make sure the table(s) were added for your specific os before I post it to your account.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Will do, as soon as i'm home from work w/ my serial number!!

EDIT: attached my latest hpt file here since it doesn't look like it can be attached to the contact us button on the main site.
    Last edited by oldskool; 06-30-2009 at 01:21 PM. Reason: attachment

Oldschool, let us know what you have got and if you haven't been on KappaPerformance.com, join there and educate us there. I'm looking at getting a meth kit.
    2007 Solstice GXP, Solo Mach Shorty, Solo Performance high flow CAT, Westers Garage Race Tune.
    www.KappaPerformance.com/forum

Advanced Tuner
    Will do DeepBlue.

Bill/Chris - message sent to contact us with serial number

Potential Tuner
    awsome!
    '07 SKY RL

Yay, I can't wait.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Will do, as soon as i'm home from work w/ my serial number!!

EDIT: attached my latest hpt file here since it doesn't look like it can be attached to the contact us button on the main site.
    Don't use the contact us button, just email support at hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

so let us know when the overboost is officially available through beta hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Don't use the contact us button, just email support at hptuners.com
    Sent to [email protected] I hope that's the right addy.

Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    I wasn't expecting that, but i'm extremely grateful! no overboost + meth injection + 26 PSI from 2500-5000 RPM = my new 400 ft-lb toy

So will there be an announcement for the latest beta, or should we just contact you at the end of the week?
    I'm already at 402 ft-lbs torque at 23psi, stock turbo with big wheel upgrade; only 300whp though. This was done on a dyno dynamics.

well at least i know im gonna make over 400 trq 8D my ported head will is still a mystery on hp.

Advanced Tuner
    OH MAN! This just made my day!

Bill, i have the last beta, do i sent the files and my numbers... should i just send them again?