Thread: Summer Tune

Tuner

Summer Tune

With temps here in the 90's this week I decided to start on my summer tune. I did the RussK method and it got me very close to where I want to be with the tune. But there is one point where I'm entering PE it seems like I get a blip of KR.

Is there a setting in AE that I need to change to prevent this or should I keep working on the MAF tune to get rid of it?
    2004 GTP: 3.8L SC, XP CAM, 85MM Maf, 105# Springs, 3.3" Pulley, Autolite 103's K&N CAI, 3" Downpipe: TOG Headers, #39 Cobra Injectors, ZZP Crate motor with CNC Ported Heads, NGK AFX Wideband

The AE question can be answered by asking yourself - or reviewing several logs - is TP changing during knock? If yes, fatten up the AE. If not, AE is likely doing it's job fine.

Tuner in Training
    your timing is low, Have you tried to run more timing? Your running static on your injectors, I saw in some spots up to 108%, upgrade to 42.5s and add a little fuel to PE to bring the 02s to about 940.
    PB... [email protected]'@1.807 no nos.
    Zzp 1.9 rockers,42.5 lucus injectors,poly motor mounts 3.2", custom K/N FWI, Autolite 104s, 180*t-stat, DHP PCM, Pacesetter headers, 3" down pipe, highflow cat, 3'' exhaust to bullet mufflers. Zex dry kit with 75 shot, thrasher throttlebody spacer, Stage 2 dynotech race tranny, 3.29s, 15/16s chain, hardened imput shaft, 3000 pro torque converter.

Tuner
    The AE question can be answered by asking yourself - or reviewing several logs - is TP changing during knock? If yes, fatten up the AE. If not, AE is likely doing it's job fine.
    Ahh that is will I will look into..thanks..

your timing is low, Have you tried to run more timing? Your running static on your injectors, I saw in some spots up to 108%, upgrade to 42.5s and add a little fuel to PE to bring the 02s to about 940.
    The timing is ok for now. The car has #39s for now are good to go. They read 108% DC because of the returnless system. If im running lean I'll know with the wideband.
    2004 GTP: 3.8L SC, XP CAM, 85MM Maf, 105# Springs, 3.3" Pulley, Autolite 103's K&N CAI, 3" Downpipe: TOG Headers, #39 Cobra Injectors, ZZP Crate motor with CNC Ported Heads, NGK AFX Wideband

I got a chance to look at your attachments this morning. I see you're setting stoich at 14.4:1. I take it you're "splitting the difference"?
    I also see you've 0'd your PE-AFRvsRPMvsTIME table along with the others. In essence, even though you're going open loop, you're really not as you have no power enrichment. Are you doing this for tuning puroses? Do you intend to keep these settings?
    I know you're using a WB but, have you checked your B1S1 for a second opinion? It's sagging under WOT, as low as the high .800s. That, PE and the knock might be related.

Edit:
    Are you simulating a NB with that WB?
    Last edited by passingpower; 06-29-2009 at 08:05 AM. Reason: yet another question

Tuner
    I got a chance to look at your attachments this morning. I see you're setting stoich at 14.4:1. I take it you're "splitting the difference"?
    I also see you've 0'd your PE-AFRvsRPMvsTIME table along with the others. In essence, even though you're going open loop, you're really not as you have no power enrichment. Are you doing this for tuning puroses? Do you intend to keep these settings?
    I know you're using a WB but, have you checked your B1S1 for a second opinion? It's sagging under WOT, as low as the high .800s. That, PE and the knock might be related.
    Yep i'm splitting the difference as all I can get here is that 93 with 10%E.
    The Pe-AFRvsRPMvsTime is set to 0 as I am commanding 11.3 for the PE AFR. The Pe-AFRvsRPMvsTime is an adder table that adds to the base AFR in this case is 11.3. I am going to work on my MAF today to see if I can get it dialed in even better.