Thread: how to datalog cam angle on S197?

how to datalog cam angle on S197?

anyone know how to do this? id like to see if the car is actually getting what is being commanded. does it have to be setup in a histogram? let me know, thanks.

Look in the PID list under General/Engine and add it in the primary table. Cam Angle, Cam Angle error, Cam duty cycle, Cam 2 Angle, Cam 2 Angle error, they are all in there. What version of HP Tuners are you using?

i have the most recent beta version. i saw those pids but how do u add them to the list?

Senior Tuner
    Right click anyone on the blank spaces of the table where you want the PID(s) to be placed, and then choose the PID(s) you want by double clicking them
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

got it, thanks. and in response to my cam code to see if i was getting what was commanded, i wasnt. even though the vct says it gets its info from the "load" table it was still running the lowest numbers it could find (from the "torque" table). so i changed the numbers in the torque table to match and now it runs the full 15* so that code had to come from the alternator.

also, in my timing tables i have to command 32-33* to get 29. why is that? i have all the correction tables cleared like you said (IAT below 100 and ECT below 200 and IMRC correction tables cleared). is it the vct correction table thats still messing with it? thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    Zero out your knock retard and see if it goes away. If it does, hope that things don't go *boom*