Thread: P0101 Error Code Disable not working = Reduced power mode

Potential Tuner

P0101 Error Code Disable not working = Reduced power mode

So we tried to disable the P0101 DTC on a 2007 LMM Duramax but the after effect still is present.

For example under the DTC menu we having disabled the P0101 code. We then run our test on the road and the P0101 code although not being set still puts the truck into limp. It seems the criteria and the result of the P0101 MAF Performance code will still put the truck into reduced power mode even though the code is disabled.

Do I have any other options to disable the after effect or eliminating the truck not going into reduced power mode.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel59 View Post
    So we tried to disable the P0101 DTC on a 2007 LMM Duramax but the after effect still is present.

For example under the DTC menu we having disabled the P0101 code. We then run our test on the road and the P0101 code although not being set still puts the truck into limp. It seems the criteria and the result of the P0101 MAF Performance code will still put the truck into reduced power mode even though the code is disabled.

Do I have any other options to disable the after effect or eliminating the truck not going into reduced power mode.
    There is another option with this code, What to do if it sets, you need to turn this off , you can actually leave the code on and it won't affect anything and still let you know there is a problem.

I Can't remember exactly where it is, I am not at work to look, but I believe it is located under diagnostics.

Ted.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Ted,

Under the DTC menu you can select a number of different options, i.e. 0- Disable, 13- No Mil (Non Emis), 17- No Mil, etc........

Anyhow I tried all the options with no Mil and they still resulted in a "reduced power mode".

Is this what you were thinking?

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Ted,

Under the DTC menu you can select a number of different options, i.e. 0- Disable, 13- No Mil (Non Emis), 17- No Mil, etc........

Anyhow I tried all the options with no Mil and they still resulted in a "reduced power mode".

Is this what you were thinking?
    NOPE, Go to Engine Diag, General, Fuel Pressure, Low PE action, Select NONE.

Potential Tuner
    On this particluar truck, that menu is not displayed.

Under the Engine Diag, I have 4 menus,

General
    Misfire
    Airflow
    DTCs

Under the general menu I have settings

Oil Change Dist
    Fuel Pressure
    - High Fail = 5v
    - Low Fail = 0V
    - High Fail Delay = 0
    - Low Fail Delay = 0

Under the Air Flow menu

Maf Sensor
    - MAF Fail High
    - MAF Fail Low
    - High Fail Delay
    - Low Fail Delay

( I have changed all these settings, which do nothing for the P0101 code.)

I have attached the htp file for your viewing.

Advanced Tuner
    On this particluar truck, that menu is not displayed.

Under the Engine Diag, I have 4 menus,

General
    Misfire
    Airflow
    DTCs

Under the general menu I have settings

Oil Change Dist
    Fuel Pressure
    - High Fail = 5v
    - Low Fail = 0V
    - High Fail Delay = 0
    - Low Fail Delay = 0

Under the Air Flow menu

Maf Sensor
    - MAF Fail High
    - MAF Fail Low
    - High Fail Delay
    - Low Fail Delay

( I have changed all these settings, which do nothing for the P0101 code.)

I have attached the htp file for your viewing.
    Obviously not Unlocked yet in your model year.

sorry I could not be more help.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Do you get any dtc's when the vehicle goes into limp mode?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Not when the code is disabled in the DTC menu.

Otherwise if enabled yes I do.

Has a solution for the reduced power mode for this been found? I have a '07 LMM with a reoccurring P0101 and reduced power mode I need to solve. If someone has a link they can send me I sure would appreciate it.

Mike

Question P0101 MAF Code Reduced Power

Though I better put out a little more information about what I have and am trying to correct.

Truck is an 07 LMM with an AFS intake & K&N filter. Also has an EDGE CTS tuner. Code stores intermittently with or without EDGE tuner installed. MAF has been cleaned and verified ok. Customer has been battling the reduced power mode that accompanies the P0101 code. I've been tuning ( simple mild hot rod installs ) GM gas engines for the most part & vehicle belongs to a BIG account for us so Im wanting to do all I can to help him work this out ASAP. I'm looking for a way to disable the limp mode specifically for the P0101 or a working calibration to alter the MAF signal so the code doesnt store. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm out of my area of expertise.

thanks all
    Mike

Senior Tuner
    I have never run into this problem, yet read about it all the time. Not sure why some trucks run into it when others dont. Its the cold air kit installed skewing the maf reading. The fix is to adjust a scaler value shown in the attached picture.

P0101 MAF No Power

That was my best guess as well but not sure what values I would start with. There is a GM published bulletin and we had run into this at the GM dealership often enough and the suggested repair there was to put the correct box back in. As per the bulletin the air filters that cause this skew the reading 5 or 6 % leaner then factory so the parameters for the MAF I'd expect are off that much. Would you apply that formula to this table as a good place to start? IE 1.05? or .95

thanks
    Mike

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GPSAuto View Post
    Would you apply that formula to this table as a good place to start? IE 1.05? or .95
    Sorry to revive a fairly old thread. Been dealing with this P0101 for a while now and I'm finally trying to pin point the issue.

I have the stock intake but did the mod to cut out the fins. Never had this P0101 until a year or so ago, been running the same two tunes for years now. Both throw this code and it's annoying enough now that I want to get to the bottom of it. I've cleaned the MAF several times, drenched it in MAF cleaner and let it all dry out but the issue keeps coming back if I let the truck idle too long.

I set my MAF correction table (all four cells) to 1.05 and that didn't change anything. Should I go up or down with this table? I'm a n00b when it comes to tuning.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by capflya; 06-13-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Has anyone found an actual way to turn off limp mode? I have a customer with an 09 Kodiak that keeps limping. Totally stock tune. Still has all emissions. No one can find or fix the problem and he doesn't want to let the dealership "wallet slap" the issue. He just wants limp mode disabled. I can't find tables for it in HPT. Any suggestions?

Yeah I suggest finding out why it's in limp mode.

It sounds like your customer is looking for a quick fix to a potentially serious issue, I would walk away from that.

Quote Originally Posted by GHOST SS View Post
    Has anyone found an actual way to turn off limp mode? I have a customer with an 09 Kodiak that keeps limping. Totally stock tune. Still has all emissions. No one can find or fix the problem and he doesn't want to let the dealership "wallet slap" the issue. He just wants limp mode disabled. I can't find tables for it in HPT. Any suggestions?
    Can you do a data log and see when it sets the code. Change the air flow limits to more closely match and or change the allowed overflow or underflow in the diagnostics menu to widen the parameters.