Thread: 2002 Cavalier problem logs/hpt file attached

Tuner

2002 Cavalier problem logs/hpt file attached

Please someone who knows more about this than I do check these files out.

2002 Cavalier L4 Auto

This is a friends car, which I don't know much about, I got the HPTuners to work on my and my wifes trucks and that's about all I have used it for, which I am happy with BTW, it's awesome. But I am lost on this cavalier, it's doing some weird stuff.

First off, to get it started, you have to hold the gas pedal to the floor, then it starts, but will not idle, except maybe sometimes when it's cold. It doesn't seem to be misfiring, or not a whole lot anyway, you have to keep it rev'd up to keep it running, then put it in gear and drive and sometimes it sputters sometimes it doesn't, more often it does not and seems to run fine, but then when you let off the gas to slow down to a stop sign it dies, and the process starts over. There is always a strong fuel smell, and although I didn't have my VCM Scanner config setup to monitor everything possible on the screen that I normally do with my truck, I see that at least 1 O2 sensor is liked pegged out all the time with some slight flucuation. What's odd is, unless I didn't do it right, there were not many codes stored, just something about a misfire and some other BS about the entertainment and brake light switch being open or something, but the brake lights work so I don't know...

Anyway, I pulled down the hpt file and I recorded in the scanner while we drove around the block and will attach those files here and if someone who knows more than I do could take a look, please do.

Thanks in advance,

Chris
    2004 Silverado RCSB W/T
    285hp 4.8 V8 5 speed 3.42's
    Flowmaster 40 series
    HPTuners MPVI Pro

2002 GMC RCSB Sierra SLE
    270hp 4.8 V8 4L60E 3.73's
    bone stock (for now) Girlfriends Truck, but I get to play with it too

IAT temps seem very high. Faulty IAT?

STFT are pulling a lot of fuel. Have you put a fuel pressure gauge on the car?

Tuner
    It was a very hot day. Have not put a fuel pressure gauge on the car. Do you think if the pressure was low it would be pulling a lot of fuel?
    2004 Silverado RCSB W/T
    285hp 4.8 V8 5 speed 3.42's
    Flowmaster 40 series
    HPTuners MPVI Pro

2002 GMC RCSB Sierra SLE
    270hp 4.8 V8 4L60E 3.73's
    bone stock (for now) Girlfriends Truck, but I get to play with it too

If its pulling fuel the pressure is likely high...possibly pooched pressure regulator???