Thread: Need some help with tune L92/TVS1900

Tuner

Need some help with tune L92/TVS1900

Need some help with my tune for my new engine. Shortblock 366 ci (6.0L with cleanup hone); Stock length RPM rods; forged flat top Probe pistons, approx. 10.8-1 with .052 head gaskets; L92 heads cut .030; 64cc chambers; Stage II cnc, and assembly by Richard at WCCH; Comp 606-613 219-227 with a 112lsa; -1 deg overlap on new style rapid ramp lobes; TVS1900.

It's in my 04 GMC 4x4 with returnless fuel system, 62psi rail pressure. I really don't know where to start with this, been trying to do the "Idle Airflow cfg" to get my base running airflow set. Turn on all the LTFT/STFT and all that stuff, and it wants to surge, and won't idle smoothly below 900rpm. I haven't done anything but get it running, and do a few heat cycles, and dump the start-up oil/filter. The blower came with 44lb Delphi injectors, and I did the spreadsheet to get the flow rate at my rail pressure, but can't get any info on offsets or anything else. Questions, comments, criticisims, or whatever, let me know what you think, or if I have things majorly messed up.

Tuner
    Got it to idle a lot better by going back to factory idle, and startup settings.

Tuner
    Was sure hoping one of the more experienced tuners on this site might take a look, and tell me if I'm headed in the right direction.

Tuner
    Here's one of the latest. Didn't get a log, my laptop fell off the console, and I lost the latest log.

Senior Tuner
    Cammed and/or forced induction, LTFT are really a pain. If you have a wideband for tuning I recommend shut off your LTFT, indefinately. Reset your fuel trims using the scanner afterwards so there are no preset fueling adjustments saved in your PCM. LTFT's are nothing more than stored data from your STFT's overtime anyhow. You will still be able to see STFT just not have any fueling corrections stored or affecting your tune.
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

Tuner
    Thanks! It's running good enough to at least take it home, and run around to get some break in time on the shortblock. Not going to anything radical till I get this thing broken in. I'm chasing a small oil leak, I think somewhere in/on the dipstick itself. Nothing too big, but just enough to see it, and smell it a little. Just the small bugs that need to be worked out.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by wkdivr View Post
    Thanks! It's running good enough to at least take it home, and run around to get some break in time on the shortblock. Not going to anything radical till I get this thing broken in. I'm chasing a small oil leak, I think somewhere in/on the dipstick itself. Nothing too big, but just enough to see it, and smell it a little. Just the small bugs that need to be worked out.

Your probably need to get a breather installed in your passenger side valve cover.
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

Tuner
    I have breather tubes going into a catch can. The problem was a small hole in the dipstick tube. I'll get back to tuning, eventually!