Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Greg Banish's new DVD

Potential Tuner

Greg Banish's new DVD

I was lucky enough to get my hands on a copy of Greg's new DVD and watched it all last night.

I gotta give Greg mega props on this DVD. It has great instruction on how to tune a GM vehicle from start to finish and I think almost every tuner will find useful information. Even Ford tuners will find good MAF tuning info that can be applied to their Ford tuning. If you are new to tuning, or even a more seasoned tuner but maybe are not a pro at HPTuners/EFI live, I think this is a MUST have source of information.

In all honesty, I cannot recommend this DVD highly enough. The information contained in the injector information disk is worth the price alone.

Thanks for the great info Greg.....

Tuner in Training
    is it actually out, or did you get a pre-release? the last time i looked on summit it said aug 1st

Tuner
    Thanks for the info...

Tuner
    Lucky guy. The last time I checked with Summit on the status of my DVD order, they said they would have it 8/21 at the soonest.

Senior Tuner
    Post up your used copy for sale already! Lol
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

Quote Originally Posted by ZZMike View Post
    Lucky guy. The last time I checked with Summit on the status of my DVD order, they said they would have it 8/21 at the soonest.
    Summit should have them in stock now. It's just a matter of them processing the orders and updating their system.

Glad you liked the DVD, Garett!

Advanced Tuner
    I am going to get myself a copy! Shh dont tell my wife she doesnt understand paying that kind of coin for a DVD but I do so what she doesnt know wont hurt her.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

how do I order it from summit exactly?
    99 TAWS6 ERL 427 superdeck,AFR 225, LS9 cam, 1.7 yella terras, fluiddampr, fast 90/90,APS Twin turbos LG upgraded turbos,cutout.80 pound injectors, RPM 4l80e ,yank py3400, dana 60, lonnies dual pump fuel system,zex direct port,ron davis rad,ais alc injection
    interceptor guages, eboost 2.

Other toys 91 race talon turbo awd, 97 talon awd turbo, 2008 Z06

Ok found it.249..thought it was 20 bucks not two hundred and forty nine bucks! Yikes.
    Well didn't really think it would be 20 bucks guess just got wrong idea from somewhere.
    99 TAWS6 ERL 427 superdeck,AFR 225, LS9 cam, 1.7 yella terras, fluiddampr, fast 90/90,APS Twin turbos LG upgraded turbos,cutout.80 pound injectors, RPM 4l80e ,yank py3400, dana 60, lonnies dual pump fuel system,zex direct port,ron davis rad,ais alc injection
    interceptor guages, eboost 2.

Other toys 91 race talon turbo awd, 97 talon awd turbo, 2008 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by KLUG'S SS View Post
    Shh dont tell my wife she doesnt understand paying that kind of coin for a DVD...
    Quote Originally Posted by ALB View Post
    Ok found it.249..thought it was 20 bucks not two hundred and forty nine bucks! Yikes.
    Well didn't really think it would be 20 bucks guess just got wrong idea from somewhere.
    You're buying TRAINING, not a movie. It's still half the price of a live class, and 100% of that can be credited toward the advanced class if you decide to go further.

Quote Originally Posted by ALB View Post
    how do I order it from summit exactly?
    Part number SME-DVD-1

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    You're buying TRAINING, not a movie. It's still half the price of a live class, and 100% of that can be credited toward the advanced class if you decide to go further.

Part number SME-DVD-1

I am perfectly fine paying that for it, I dont think it is a bad price at all considering what you are getting. My wife just doesnt understand this stuff.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Tuner
    I am fine with $249. Heck, college was almost $100k. I pre-ordered and hope to have it soon.

Mike

I ordered Greg's DVD today from Summit and was told that they would ship "around August 28". When I mentioned that the author said they had stock on hand, the salesman got snippy and said in effect that Greg would have no idea what they had in stock.

I'll wait till it arrives but would like to know if anyone has actually received a DVD from Summit and how long it took to get.

TIA

Tuner in Training
    I just spoke with someone on their "live Chat" and they told me that it would ship out tomorrow. I asked them again that I just place the order and wanted to make sure that it would ship out. They said it would ship out in the morning. So we will see

Quote Originally Posted by midgetracr View Post
    I ordered Greg's DVD today from Summit and was told that they would ship "around August 28". When I mentioned that the author said they had stock on hand, the salesman got snippy and said in effect that Greg would have no idea what they had in stock.

I'll wait till it arrives but would like to know if anyone has actually received a DVD from Summit and how long it took to get.

TIA

Advanced Tuner
    If you read the other thread on this you will find that the first batch has already been shipped to customers.Summit is waiting for a second shipment from Greg. Greg was hoping to have more out this week. Bummer, Ive been waiting for mine too.

Tuner in Training
    actually I just checked my status at summit and it is saying that it is ready to ship tomorrow. I hope its true

I'm pretty sure Summit has stock now. The second shipment went out early this week, and it takes a day or two for them to recognize/fill backorders. The website is always pretty conservative with their shipping dates when they're (temporarily) out of stock. They should have plenty of them now.

I got an E-Mail from Summit this morning saying that the DVD would ship 7-30-09. That is yesterday. There was no tracking info posted. ???

I'll let the forum know when it is received. The aggressive and almost angry response from the order taker at Summit was strange. I guess he was having a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by midgetracr View Post
    I got an E-Mail from Summit this morning saying that the DVD would ship 7-30-09. That is yesterday. There was no tracking info posted. ???

I'll let the forum know when it is received. The aggressive and almost angry response from the order taker at Summit was strange. I guess he was having a bad day.
    Most shipping departments consider an item shipped when they put it on the pickup/out shelf. You will get a shipping number after the shipper picks it up and scans it into their system.

BJK
    APS TT 630 rwhp/654 rwtq @ 9 psi
    '07 C6, TR6060 conversion w/Z06 ratios. DTE Stage 4 Quaife Diff w/brace (3.73). Z06 Brakes, mild turbo cam & dual springs (222/222, LSA 115, .581/.581), LS9R clutch, LG GT2 Coilovers, Autometer Cobalt Fuel gauage, Progressive Alky Controller, and e-Boost2 Controller. PFADT poly bushing for control arms and Sports sway bars. MGW shifter. 3" B&B Fusion. RSI Stage 1.5 fuel system. RX dual valve catch can.

Potential Tuner
    all i can find is the book ... were can i find the dvd on summit ???