Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Greg Banish's new DVD

Quote Originally Posted by ice9000 View Post
    all i can find is the book ... were can i find the dvd on summit ???
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SME-DVD-1/

BJK
    APS TT 630 rwhp/654 rwtq @ 9 psi
    '07 C6, TR6060 conversion w/Z06 ratios. DTE Stage 4 Quaife Diff w/brace (3.73). Z06 Brakes, mild turbo cam & dual springs (222/222, LSA 115, .581/.581), LS9R clutch, LG GT2 Coilovers, Autometer Cobalt Fuel gauage, Progressive Alky Controller, and e-Boost2 Controller. PFADT poly bushing for control arms and Sports sway bars. MGW shifter. 3" B&B Fusion. RSI Stage 1.5 fuel system. RX dual valve catch can.

The 2 set DVD arrived a few minutes ago via FedEx Home Delivery. The order was placed Thursday, shipped Friday and delivered Saturday. Summit did everything right except perhaps it should train its customer reps to be a little more friendly.

I look forward to viewing the materials.

Mr.GREG how can i order Engine Management: Advanced Tuning book and dvd's togather?

Quote Originally Posted by midgetracr View Post
    The 2 set DVD arrived a few minutes ago via FedEx Home Delivery. The order was placed Thursday, shipped Friday and delivered Saturday. Summit did everything right except perhaps it should train its customer reps to be a little more friendly.

I look forward to viewing the materials.
    Yeah, You got that right

Potential Tuner
    I purchased this also. Hopefully I'll have time to check it out this weekend. I may attend a show saturday which would be a great time to take up a few hours. lol

Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    You're buying TRAINING, not a movie.

For that price, Ill wait for the movie to come out

I want to play brad pitt

Trying to talk myself into buying the DVD. If I take the a class of yours would I get the disc any cheaper? I wanted to take your class when I lived in Michigan and couldn't pull it off in time. Do you have any classes coming near Las Vegas anytime soon? I know there are some things I'd learn for sure and you can never know too much.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by zippy performance View Post
    Trying to talk myself into buying the DVD. If I take the a class of yours would I get the disc any cheaper? .
    If you buy the dvd 100% of the price of the dvd will be discounted from the advanced class.

I believe if you take his beginners class (live) you will get this dvd free.

Quote Originally Posted by ct06gto View Post
    If you buy the dvd 100% of the price of the dvd will be discounted from the advanced class.
    Correct.

I believe if you take his beginners class (live) you will get this dvd free.
    Unfortunately, the discount/free DVD deal only applies to the Advanced GM class, not my "Secrets of EFI Calibration" (basic) course. The DVD is basically your homework prior to attending the advanced class so that we can spend our time hitting the more involved stuff like scaling, virtual VE, etc. during the class in more detail rather rehashing the fundamentals.

Advanced Tuner
    -Is there Subtitles ? (english subtitles at least ?)
    -Are Fast #36 Injectors values in the dvd ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    -Is there Subtitles ? (english subtitles at least ?)
    -Are Fast #36 Injectors values in the dvd ?
    NO and NO

Western New York's Performance Headquarters

Correct.

Unfortunately, the discount/free DVD deal only applies to the Advanced GM class, not my "Secrets of EFI Calibration" (basic) course. The DVD is basically your homework prior to attending the advanced class so that we can spend our time hitting the more involved stuff like scaling, virtual VE, etc. during the class in more detail rather rehashing the fundamentals.
    The advanced course is what I really want to take. I tune for a living and feel that I'm well above average for a tuner. I'm well aware as a tuner though that there are always things to be learned and I don't think there is anyone better to learn from. Will I be able to take the advanced course without having taken the basic course first? (as in is the basic course required before stepping up) The website for the courses looks to be out of date for class schedules. How do I get a schedule for the advanced course? I really want to take it. Thanks for the info and sorry for whoring the post.

I don't require people to take the basic course prior to the advanced classes, but it can certainly help those with less dyno time under their belts.

I will be updating the website with some new class dates before too long. I'm working on setting up another GM Advanced class in NY this fall, and will likely do a basic class in FL sometime near the PRI show in December. Once the individual dates are confirmed, I'll have them posted on the website.

Tuner
    Got the DVD last week, liked it alot.

Advanced Tuner
    I don't require people to take the basic course prior to the advanced classes, but it can certainly help those with less dyno time under their belts.

I will be updating the website with some new class dates before too long. I'm working on setting up another GM Advanced class in NY this fall, and will likely do a basic class in FL sometime near the PRI show in December. Once the individual dates are confirmed, I'll have them posted on the website.
    very interested in the date & location in NY I understand you dont have anything confirmed yet but any idea what town/city and month ?
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Quote Originally Posted by murphinator View Post
    very interested in the date & location in NY I understand you dont have anything confirmed yet but any idea what town/city and month ?
    I'll start a new thread, but I just confirmed it to be at Redline Motorsports in Schnectady, NY on November 14-15th. As usual, you can email me directly to register and class size will be limited to about 12 people MAX.

Delphi D3165BA

Will i find data for Delphi D3165BA injectors on the CD ?

Quote Originally Posted by swebld View Post
    Will i find data for Delphi D3165BA injectors on the CD ?
    No, the DVD includes most of the FRPP injectors corrected for GM pressures and units. If you want to use another Delphi/GM injector properly, your best bet is to read the data directly from a PCM that uses them in a GM application in the first place and just copy/paste from there.

The real benefit of the DVD is the instruction that shows you how to properly APPLY this data along with the associated tuning process that gives you a more robust, flexible tune that won't change with the weather like some of the fudged stuff out there.

The DVD is excellent, and I recommend it without hesitation. :-)

Greg,

Siemens Continental offers two different models of 80# injectors. Would the settings for the Siemens 80's be exactly the same as the FRPP 80# on your spreadsheet? I.e. if given a choice, should a person only buy the FRPP 80# injectors or are the Siemens the same injectors (but with different connectors)?

Tuner in Training
    Does the DVD offer instruction on tuning a bigger cam E40 LS2? :hopes:
    2014 Corvette Z51 M7
    A&A Vortech V3 SI on 3.8" Pulley, Texas Speed 1 7/8" Catless Longtubes, MightyMouse Gen 5 catch can, LT4 High Pressure Fuel Pump
    617rwhp/575rwtq