Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Greg Banish's new DVD

Quote Originally Posted by MrDrezzUp View Post
    The DVD is excellent, and I recommend it without hesitation. :-)

Greg,

Siemens Continental offers two different models of 80# injectors. Would the settings for the Siemens 80's be exactly the same as the FRPP 80# on your spreadsheet? I.e. if given a choice, should a person only buy the FRPP 80# injectors or are the Siemens the same injectors (but with different connectors)?
    Thanks for the kind words. FRPP buys their 80's from Continental (who now owns the Siemens injector business), so they're the same.

Quote Originally Posted by SK360 View Post
    Does the DVD offer instruction on tuning a bigger cam E40 LS2? :hopes:
    Tuning big cams really isn't that crazy. You'll just spend more time honing the VE (or Virtual VE in your case) tables. The DVD covers normal VE tuning, so if you're familiar with the Bluecat VVE tool, this will fill in the gaps once you're looking at a conventional VE surface in his tool. I cover the usage of the Bluecat VVE tool in my advanced classes. (There's a class coming up in November if you're interested... )

Tuner in Training
    But would this cover idle airflow, baserunning airflow, idle spark timing and other things that I am thoroughly confused on?
    2014 Corvette Z51 M7
    A&A Vortech V3 SI on 3.8" Pulley, Texas Speed 1 7/8" Catless Longtubes, MightyMouse Gen 5 catch can, LT4 High Pressure Fuel Pump
    617rwhp/575rwtq

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDrezzUp View Post
    Siemens Continental offers two different models of 80# injectors. Would the settings for the Siemens 80's be exactly the same as the FRPP 80# on your spreadsheet? I.e. if given a choice, should a person only buy the FRPP 80# injectors or are the Siemens the same injectors (but with different connectors)?
    The are the EXACT same, save for the connectors.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    Hey James check your email Brotha!
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Ordered my copy Monday. Will be here tomorrow. I was sure hoping something like this DVD came with the software when I bought it. Maybe y'all can work some kind of deal to make it a reduced price option at time of purchase. I've had the software for quite some time and never really figured it out. I've hacked around at it a bit but it doesn't make much sense in my analytical way of over-thinking. I'm glad Greg decided to put this training video together for the novice guys such as myself. I was floored when I bought HPTuners and there was very little information about how to use it. I came on here and found 300 different ways of doing things and it seems that no two people do things alike on here. I would have liked to have seen the crew that designed the software write documentation on how to use it successfully rather than have to rely on the forum or a third part for tuning knowledge and training.

Are there plans for a follow-up video?

Quote Originally Posted by redheartbeat View Post
    Are there plans for a follow-up video?
    Currently, the followup is a live class that includes actual tuning time on a chassis dyno. The next session will be held Nov 14-15 in NY if you're interested. There's a thread <HERE> with the details.

Advanced Tuner
    Any plans to come anywhere near North Carolina?
    2016 GMC Sierra 1500 6.2L

Got the dvd yesterday. Watched it this morning. I am going to put together quite a few questions and can post them or send them to you directly. Just want some things clarified .Would take your course but don't live too close to NY!
    I guess you could do set of video courses but realize some stuff works much better hands on.
    I will be getting your books also.
    99 TAWS6 ERL 427 superdeck,AFR 225, LS9 cam, 1.7 yella terras, fluiddampr, fast 90/90,APS Twin turbos LG upgraded turbos,cutout.80 pound injectors, RPM 4l80e ,yank py3400, dana 60, lonnies dual pump fuel system,zex direct port,ron davis rad,ais alc injection
    interceptor guages, eboost 2.

Other toys 91 race talon turbo awd, 97 talon awd turbo, 2008 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    Thank you James!!!

Tuner in Training
    Is there any list of the injectors that have info on the dvd? Ordering the dvd so I'll know eventually but wondering if the 60lb mototrons are in it..

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ysb02 View Post
    Is there any list of the injectors that have info on the dvd? Ordering the dvd so I'll know eventually but wondering if the 60lb mototrons are in it..
    Greg covers basically all the injectors that Ford Racing offers for sell (all of these below, plus the "shorty" 60s):

Code:
    Part Number  Flow    Body Imped  Len Conn    Cal Data
    M-9593-A302  24 #/hr EV6  11-18  L   Jet/Min Link
    M-9593-AA302 24 #/hr EV6  11-18  L   Jet/Min Link
    M-9593-B302  30 #/hr EV6  11-18  L   Jet/Min Link
    M-9593-BB302 30 #/hr EV6  11-18  L   Jet/Min Link
    M-9593-M39   39 #/hr EV6  11-18  L   USCAR   Link
    M-9593-F302  42 #/hr EV1  11-18  L   Jet/Min Link
    M-9593-G302  47 #/hr EV14 11-18  M   USCAR   Link
    M-9593-LU60  60 #/hr EV6  11-12  L   USCAR   Link
    M-9593-LU80  80 #/hr EV6  11-12  L   USCAR   Link
    Keys:
    Flow = Flow Rate in lb/hr of injector at 39.15 psi
    Body = Body style of injector
    Imped = Ohms value
    Len = Length of injector (L = long, M = Medium)
    Conn = Connector style of injector (Jetronic is the old rectangle style conn, and USCAR is the new smaller square conn)
    Cal Data: Links you to the actual Ford Racing injector calibration data you will use to input into your tuning software (note, this data is for Ford vehicles, and will not work if you attempt to use with other non-Ford vehicles)

Notes:
    M-9593-A302 and M-9593-B302 are the old "blue tops" and "red tops", respectively, that are not produced any longer. The AA302 and BB302 are the newest iterations of these injectors.
    M-9593-LU60 and M-9593-LU80 are the Siemens (Continental) injector that Ford Racing offers. The LU80 is the original equipment used on the FR500CJ Mustang.
    M-9593-F302 is the original equipment on the '99-'04 SVT Lightning.
    M-9593-G302 is the original equipment on the '07-'10 GT500.
    M-9593-M39 is the original equipment on the '03-'04 SVT Cobra.
    Last edited by RWTD; 09-05-2009 at 09:52 AM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Quote Originally Posted by 99LS1SS View Post
    Any plans to come anywhere near North Carolina?
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by SK360 View Post
    But would this cover idle airflow, baserunning airflow, idle spark timing and other things that I am thoroughly confused on?
    It doesn't really get into that.

Advanced Tuner
    So am I reading everything correctly, does the DVD cover the Siemens 60lb Injectors.

Mainly these....
    http://www.racetronix.com/L107.html

04 Sierra Denali,370,S485B, Built 4L80E, 3barOLSD, E85

Quote Originally Posted by 03Sierraslt View Post
    So am I reading everything correctly, does the DVD cover the Siemens 60lb Injectors.
    Yes, and more...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    Yes, and more...
    Thank you Sir.

04 Sierra Denali,370,S485B, Built 4L80E, 3barOLSD, E85

I Would just like to say a big thanks to Greg for the work he has put into the DVD and the direction he has provided on this forum. I received my DVD about 3 weeks ago, after getting time to watch it, my interest in learning to tune my LS2 E40 was again stimulated to an all new high. For the first time I am staying away from the tuning shops as I believe I now have a better understanding and the time the tuning shops do not have.
    Without spending huge amounts of money of course

I have been running the stock LS2 bottom end with a CAM, 2.3 SC up top a full twin 3" exhaust, CAI and 60lb injectors. The injectors, which up until this point have never been updated correctly let alone scaled properly for my ECU.

Now I have made that statement I am not so keen on putting up my current tune showing the progress I am making with the scaling of all required tables by 75%. However I will as I am still at the bottom end of the learning scale when it comes to tuning and I would love to hear any feed back on the progress. Such as have I missed any tables, have I scaled correctly...etc.

Again thanks Greg and all those that provide great information on this forum.
    Last edited by stomper; 12-28-2009 at 07:33 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Just got mine last week...good stuff. It is too bad I don't have a dyno in the backyard.
    2006 Ram SRT 10 / 2010 Camaro 2SS

OK, so I know I'm digging up an old thread here, but please bear with me. I'm slowly catching up with 2005 by creating a YouTube channel. At the moment, I've just got a short placeholder intro from this first DVD:

Calibrated Success DVD Short Demo

I'll have a longer demo posted soon for those looking to see a little more of what's in the DVD. I'm also working in wrapping up a second, more advance DVD. Once I get that finished, this will be the place to see that demo as well. As a side note, it will also give me some place to put some other interesting stuff as I get some more free time.

Advanced Tuner
    As a side note, it will also give me some place to put some other interesting stuff as I get some more free time.
    cant wait to see what you come up with.

well done short vid you posted also

welcome to 2005 btw
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Tuner in Training
    OK, so I know I'm digging up an old thread here, but please bear with me. I'm slowly catching up with 2005 by creating a YouTube channel. At the moment, I've just got a short placeholder intro from this first DVD:

Calibrated Success DVD Short Demo

I'll have a longer demo posted soon for those looking to see a little more of what's in the DVD. I'm also working in wrapping up a second, more advance DVD. Once I get that finished, this will be the place to see that demo as well. As a side note, it will also give me some place to put some other interesting stuff as I get some more free time.
    Thanks Greg, we'll be looking forward to your next DVD. When do you expect to be finished with it?