Thread: HPT Icons

Tuner in Training

Unhappy HPT Icons

With ver 2.22 installed the editor, scanner and help had the nice HPT custom icons (lighting bolt,wrench etc) showing on the Win XP desktop.

After installing the beta 2.23 over the top of 2.22 the custom icons have switched to the bland generic microsoft icons.

Its no big deal but I want the custom ones back.

Is this change a beta function I have to live with or can they be changed back to the custom ones?

If they can't be changed now will the custom ones come back when the final ver 2.24 is installed?

Thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    They are shortcuts likely pointing to the wrong place, just make new shortcuts.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    The short cuts were to the right place and worked with the generic icons.

I was able to right click on them and select change icon, browse to program files/VCM Suite 2 and select the exe. file and that put the right icon on the short cut. It would not work for the chm help file so I made a new short cut like you suggested and that worked.

I think the installer program is supposed to specify icons for the desktop when it puts them on during the installation. The beta installer might not be doing that so windows used the generic instead.

Here is the error message you get when first trying to change the short cut icon by right clicking/selecting change icon option before using the browse to the program file method:

Guess we will find out when it comes time to install 2.24

Thanks Bill

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I don't believe the beta or otherwise installed icons on the desktop...I always just open the program from my programs or double click on a file to open the software.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I probably made the shortcuts myself then. It's no biggie anyway.
    I just like the way they looked on the desktop.