Thread: Copying tables

Tuner in Training

Copying tables

I'm new to programing i have a 1999 v6 camaro and i just programed for my 3.42s, removed my speed limiter and torque management... Someone in the depository has a 2000 grand prix with a lot done to the spark table and the revs... would it be ok if i copied their tables onto my pcm? Would there be anyh difference between his Grand Prix 3800 and my 3800 that wouldnt let me save his table and import it into my file?

Re: Copying tables

If its a GTP, don't do it. The GTP is supercharged and has a very different spark table. If it is a GT you should be able to do that but probably not the best move.

What I did was add 1* to every cell and then log some driving. Look for knock retard. If you get any, back off in that cell then leave that cell alone. Keep adding 1* to every cell that does not have KR and log some more. This will push your table to the limit. Keep adding and watching for knock. Technically, you can go too far even if your do not get knock. This is best determined on a dyno. Without a dyno, you just need to play it by ear and see if you get a drop off in performance. I found that my limit seemed to be indicated by KR.

Every car is different and just copying a table from another car will not give you the best results. Read as much as you can from the foums and help files then start tuning. Good luck.
    2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
    3.6 V6
    More MODs than Stock

2018 Ram rebel
    5.7 Hemi V8
    Stock

Advanced Tuner

what art said

there are also some good threads on how to do your spark tuning allready around.. search for them..

also take the time and play with the spark histograms expecialy the KR one..
    that will show you the general area where you need to pull timing if you get any knock retard.. jsut keep in mind that you also will not be hitting every cell on any particular outing depending on conditions..

thus be carefull.. and take your time..

and make sure to do a backup of your stock tune..

sorry i missed you on AIM earlyer today.. the best palce to contact me is here BTW..
    -Bill
    2000 Camaro V6 Boltons and a tune

I would stay away from the any of the stuff from the FWD cars.....I was looking into this also.

The FWD cars use a different intake manifold design than ours (similar to the LS1's), which makes a huge difference in how the engines operate.

The VE and timing tables are very different as a result. Even the WOT fueling is different. I've been doing the same thing as Arthansen, adding timing, running it, making changes, adding more, etc. John