Thread: Help, cant figure this out! LTs +25

Tuner in Training

Help, cant figure this out! LTs +25

Cant figure this one out. Have a LS1 with a cam, backed by a M6. Cam specs are unknown, bought the motor used.

o2 sensors are both new, knock sensors are new, i tried another reman MAF, and another 411 PCM, and another complete known good throttle body.

Problem im having is that long terms go +25 on both sides, car starts surging and stalling when im off the throttle and in neutral coming to a stop. If I unplug the MAF, everything is fine, it idles better, doesnt stall, and long terms are -8ish on both sides. I dont know what else to try.. Motor is grounded to the body on each courner of the heads, Voltage is reading 14.1 in hptuners. Im attaching the tune and the log..

Attachment 19164

Attachment 19165

Senior Tuner
    Nothing is wrong with your engine install per say...you simply haven't tuned the PCM for the cammed motor. When the vehicle is in OL (open loop) its running fine...but going into CL (closed loop) once the engine warms up its trying to compensate using your 02 sensors and hold down a stoich value... I'm at work so I can't view your tune/logs. Do you have any experience tuning? Do you have a wideband?
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantalope Kid View Post
    Nothing is wrong with your engine install per say...you simply haven't tuned the PCM for the cammed motor. When the vehicle is in OL (open loop) its running fine...but going into CL (closed loop) once the engine warms up its trying to compensate using your 02 sensors and hold down a stoich value... I'm at work so I can't view your tune/logs. Do you have any experience tuning? Do you have a wideband?
    I dont have experience tuning, and no wideband.. I didnt know this behavior was normal with a cam before a tune, I'll start tonight with turning off maf and LTs, and do some VE tuning under 4000 RPM, then i'll turn the MAF back on and scale it some... does that sound about right?

Tuner in Training
    Update on the problem.. Tried doing some VE tuning, I do a bunch of driving, the trims are +15 to +20, i add them to the VE and flash. Do some more driving, trims are +15 to +20 again in same spots. I add it again, do some more driving. By the third time I do this, the car starts running really bad like its got too much fuel, but it still wants more? Am I doing something wrong? I set maf fail frequency to 1Hz, disabled codes 101-102-103, and disabled PE by changing the MAP enable value to max, disable LTFT, then do some driving and add STFT to the VE.. What am I doing wrong?

Advanced Tuner
    Thats because you set the p0103 to no error reported,that code needs to be thrown to run SD (no MAF) so either let the light stay on or set to no MIL!!
    If you want to mess with the VE,disable your MAF (SD) and do the VE.Renable the MAF and scale that table where it needs.
    Also,no need to disable PE when doing this,that is not a smart thing to do.
    Last edited by vortec; 07-25-2009 at 04:40 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 12sec ss View Post
    Update on the problem.. Tried doing some VE tuning, I do a bunch of driving, the trims are +15 to +20, i add them to the VE and flash. Do some more driving, trims are +15 to +20 again in same spots. I add it again, do some more driving. By the third time I do this, the car starts running really bad like its got too much fuel, but it still wants more? Am I doing something wrong? I set maf fail frequency to 1Hz, disabled codes 101-102-103, and disabled PE by changing the MAP enable value to max, disable LTFT, then do some driving and add STFT to the VE.. What am I doing wrong?
    do u mean u coppied ltft results from the scanner and copied them then right clicked on your VE map an did paste special mulitply % in speed density
    2000 Firebird,2002 O.S.,LQ4 370,Borg Warner S475,truck mani.,Eagle crank,Callies Compstar Rods,Wiseco-11 4.030 pistons 9.4:1 comp.,LS3CNC heads,LS3 intake,NW92mm throttle body,ID1000 injectors,BTR trunion upgrade,LJMS STG3 cam,LS7 Lifters,ARP Studs-bolts,Frozen Boost A to W intercooler,JGS 60MM BOV,2 40mmJGS Wastegates,4L80E trans wth segment swap,CircleD 3400 single disk,MOSER 12 3.31gears ,BMR K-Mem.,2 Walboro 450 pumps,Returnstyle fuelsystem MAGNAFUEL regulator.
    LS1Tech sig KRAZY K 2000 TA