Thread: Limiting engine speed

Tuner in Training

Limiting engine speed

Hey guys, just wondering if someone could let me know where to find the RPM limiter. Just want to be be able to limit RPM to 2000 when taking it in for service. This will be my valet tune. Don't need someone hot rodding my truck when there in it. Thanks. This is for an '07 LBZ.

Tuner in Training
    engine->fuel control->fuel cutoff

Senior Tuner
    You modify the tune, they notice what they think is a problem, get out a Tech2, hook it up to diagnose it thinking they caused an issue upon servicing your vehicle. Find you have modified your PCM. You sir are no longer covered under warranty.
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantalope Kid View Post
    You modify the tune, they notice what they think is a problem, get out a Tech2, hook it up to diagnose it thinking they caused an issue upon servicing your vehicle. Find you have modified your PCM. You sir are no longer covered under warranty.
    I hear ya on this, but actually i'll be taking my truck in for an alignment soon at a small shop not the dealer. I'll just let them know not to worry about the rev limiter.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mattgallan View Post
    engine->fuel control->fuel cutoff
    Thanks mattgallan for the response. I tried what you're showing me, but when i go engine->fuel control->fuel cutoff, nothing comes up under the fuel cutoff tab. I can only get parameters under the diesel tab. When i click on fuel cutoff, the screen is blank as in no parameters show up. I'm thinking some of the other options under fuel control are for gasoline applications?

Tuner in Training
    Sorry bud I thought you said LB7. Try the "Engine Speed Limit" tables and change the torque limit vs. RPM to something like 100 ft.lbs. after 2000 rpms. I, however, haven't tried this yet so you are one your own Report back on how that works.