Thread: 00 Camaro 3-4 clutch smoked again

00 Camaro 3-4 clutch smoked again

I am still kinda new at tuning this car and trying to learn as much as possible. I burnt 3-4 clutch pack again and was wondering if I am doing something wrong. I was told if you have a shift kit, don't crank the line pressure up to much. Also the car seems to not wanting to be shifting 2-3 in WOT. Sometimes it will sometimes it wont. I had at one point pulled pressure at the 2-3 shift due to breaking two input drums during that shift, but since had changed to a 4000 converter and it made the 2-3 shift lazy so I added the pressure back to just above stock. I was thinking about doing the vacuum modulator but read its a cheap solution to the problem. Also read that if the MAP sees vacuum it would drop line pressure. I have a wet shot set-up behind the MAF. Not sure if this is contributing to my problem.

Here is a little run down on the car. its a 00 camaro, heads cam car with a 100 shot. Tranny is a 4L65E with hardened/sleeved input, hardened output, the 14 clutch "A pak" 3-4 clutches, 2 and 4 billet servos, 13 vane pump, trans go HD-2, and all the little things like boost valve and other valve body springs. I am sure there is something I missed in the tranny.

I will attach the tune. if more info is needed to help cure my problem please let me know.

You want how many from a BLAZER!? Its a F*cking SUV. it just looks fast, HONEST

sounds like ur 3-4 clutches might be draging alittle under high RPM's in 1st
    99 Regal- CT PT 61 turbo, IC, 65# injectors, 1.9s, LT1 MAF, Custom built Trans, 3000 stall converter, 11.84 @ 117 1.81 60'