Howdy guys. I'm back with another Frankenstein project. I'm putting in a 1997 Bonneville PCM into a 1995 Pontiac Transport minivan. The original engine *was* the Series 1 3800...it is now a Series 3 3800 with Series 2 induction, normally asperated. It currently is running, though not too well, on a "tuned" memcal on the original PCM.

I've successfully done this sort of conversion before, and the wiring is something I'm not afraid of. BUT...I've run into a slight snag. The AC system original to the van and that has been modified to work with the engine conversion uses the HR6 compressor. The setup uses the old pressure switches, wired into the A/C request wire that goes to the PCM.

The new PCM "assumes" it is controling the newer-style V5 compressor. This setup replaces all the switches and instead uses a pressure sensor, using a 5V reference, and is separate from the A/C request. Now, if there were a spot for me to mount the pressure sensor I'd be golden, but...there isn't a place for me to mount it with the HR6 system as it requires a high-pressure point that this van doesn't provide.

Which brings me to my problem and question. The problem is that if the PCM does not see the sensor, it will not command the compressor to kick on at all. I can trick it using a pot, and set it to around 3.0 volts output, but I would rather disable it altogether. QUESTION. If I set the P0530 code to "3", would the PCM still expect the sensor to be there and just not report it as being MIA, or would it act like the old PCM (which is what I am aiming for) and operate the AC clutch without the need for the pressure sensor?

Sorry it took so long to get to the question, but I wanted all the information out there so that there is no confusion.

Thanks guys!