Thread: Maf Tuning Config.

Tuner in Training

Maf Tuning Config.

This is just to post up to help folks on another forum. Any questions or comments are welcome though.

I'm not familiar with the V6 PCM's so I don't know where the frame rate cutoffs are but if this is a wide band config I would whack the fuel trim PIDs, fuel trim cell PID and perhaps the O2 voltage PIDs. You may be able to increase frame rate.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Tuner in Training
    I am using this for RussK's MAF tuning guide, So I would have to have the fuel trim PID's for WOT in my understanding. But I suppose I could get rid of those others. I don't know how many more frames I would pick up by doing that....

Noob question but how beneficial is a few more frames?

Not familiar with that guide but the config was called wideband....config so if you're tuning in open loop with a wide band there is no need to log the fuel trims. The frame rate will double if you get below the next byte limit which is dependent on PCM. Click on the (?) in the scanner table and go down to "Logging Speed". Your config uses 23 bytes so no matter which PCM you have you're not going to get to the next frame rate just by whacking those 5 PIDs anyway.
    Bill Winters

Tuner in Training
    Ok gotcha. Yes I am tuning in open loop using a wideband. The reason I kept logging the trims is this from RussK's guide.

"Unlike the V8's and V6 trucks, if the part throttle fuel trims are negative by even a small %, you could have negative LTFT at wot. This is why you need to get the open loop part throttle AFR close to 14.7 BEFORE wot tuning the AFR.

If you did everything right, your LTFT's should be close and will lock at 0% @ wot.
    "

The v6 Pcm allows for 24 bytes of logging.

I see. Is it possible to disable the LTFTs on the V6's? I run with them disabled, only using STFTs. That way I don't need to worry about LTFT's adding to the PE (or subtracting from PE in your case).
    Bill Winters

Tuner in Training
    To be honest I don't know if its possible to disable the LTFT's. But I have the PE tables zeroed out for tuning as it says it in the guide....which would be the same as disabling them right?

Post the tune.
    Bill Winters

Tuner in Training
    Here ya go.

Nope. No way to disable only LTFTs. You V6 guys don't have much to work with...
    Bill Winters

Tuner in Training
    ^ Yeah, MAF tune or nothing. LOL.

Senior Tuner
    You can VE tune if your car references it. Zero out your MAP table and see what effect it has on your trims. No effect, leave it alone, if your trims go off, it is worth it.
    2000 Trans Am WS6