Thread: How do i tune over a hypertech??

Potential Tuner

How do i tune over a hypertech??

I need to take my 04 duramax in for warranty work on the injectors, and it has been tuned using a hypertech programmer. I connected my hypertech programmer to the truck to return it to a stock tune, and it has an internal problem with the flash memory. I called hypertech and they told me that the programmer was broken and would have to be replaced at a charge of $200. I have a hp tuner that i use on my trans am and was wondering what is involed in returning my truck to a stock tune before i take it in?

Potential Tuner
    do you have a copy of the stock tune? if not, get one (ask here & check the repository) you'll have to use 2 credits to license your truck, but read the ECM, then flash the new (stock) tune in using the "write calibration only" button under the "flash" tab. it's that easy.
    EDIT: i just checked the repository, there's none under there, but i have the 03 stock tune with an auto tranny, if you want.
    Last edited by Inferno; 08-04-2009 at 10:00 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Either way they are going to know the computer was changed, and possibly deny warranty. I would leave it alone unless it's obvious that it's tuned. (lots of smoke)

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mattgallan View Post
    Either way they are going to know the computer was changed, and possibly deny warranty. I would leave it alone unless it's obvious that it's tuned. (lots of smoke)
    if he returns the ecm and tcm to stock, how would they know anything was ever changed?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    if he returns the ecm and tcm to stock, how would they know anything was ever changed?
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...74&postcount=2

Potential Tuner
    well shit.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the input guys. I guess i will just take it to the dealship and hope for the best.

Senior Tuner

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    well shit.
    LMFAO! They won't necessarily deny your claim due to being tuned...BUT they could.
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com