Thread: lb7 or lbz tune on lly

Potential Tuner

lb7 or lbz tune on lly

i know the 2 have very different componets but i was wondering what would happen if i try to load a lb7 or lbz tune on an lly, would it work or are the engine values completely different. if i cannot load a tune to an lly can i use the same parameters from a lb7 or lbz to change a lly, i'm new to this and cannot find a good lly tune or anyone to help me out. any help is greatly appericated.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SDimeVortec43 View Post
    i know the 2 have very different componets but i was wondering what would happen if i try to load a lb7 or lbz tune on an lly, would it work or are the engine values completely different. if i cannot load a tune to an lly can i use the same parameters from a lb7 or lbz to change a lly, i'm new to this and cannot find a good lly tune or anyone to help me out. any help is greatly appericated.
    I dont know what it looks like in the machine language side, however all the fueling tables are different for each of these. The LB7 looks like an electronic version of a mechanical injection pump, the LLY adds pre injection events, and the LBZ has more of everything, I doubt the ECMs would even work if you tried. Put it on the "Not Recommended" list in my book.

No the tunes wont load.
    03 2500hd HPT, PPE, MBRP, K&N, SD
    www.DuramaxDiesels.com

I have read in MANY places that the LLY is the EXACT same engine as the LBZ, except for a beefier tune.
    So i am curious as to why an LBZ tune would not load onto a LLY or visa versa.

lly's have different a different turbo, pistons, rods, heads, injectors, transmission, and the list goes on...

in 06 and 07 gm made some detuned lbz's that they called lly's but that is a different story
    03 2500hd HPT, PPE, MBRP, K&N, SD
    www.DuramaxDiesels.com