Thread: how's this tune look?

Potential Tuner

how's this tune look?

i'm still learning this programming stuff and wanted to see if someone who knows what their doing could look at this tune to see if its safe to run. its for a 2005 chevy 2500 with the lly engine, with fully built trans and rear, and dual lift pumps. and i was also wondering what the difference is between (write calibration) and (write complete).

thanks in advance
    bill

Potential Tuner
    write calibration is what you want to use most of the time. it just finds the differences between your old tune and new tune and changes them. write entire will wipe your memory and re-write everything. that's dangerous b/c if it messes up, you'll lose everything on your PCM.

Tuner in Training
    The Max Fuel Normal table looks like it's limiting

Potential Tuner
    the only reason i asked about the write complete is because i try to get into operating systems tab and it says a write entire must be completed, now i did a write entire last night and i still cannot access the operating systems tab. i just want to know what can be changed in operating system. does anyone know if it is possable to get into os tab and how to do so?

thanks
    bill

Potential Tuner
    (The Max Fuel Normal table looks like it's limiting)

what do you mean it limiting, do you mean its borderline of hurting something? does it look like a good horse power tune? i'm only planning on using it for the track not as daily driving. like i said before i'm new to this and dont want to hurt the truck at all, and sorry if any questions seem dumb.

bill

Tuner in Training
    I just mean it's limiting your commanded base fuel table. You aren't getting the commanded quantity, that's all. BRING ON THE SMOKE!!! I don't care as long as you have a way to measure EGT.

Potential Tuner
    anyone know how to get into os tab(operating system?), i did a write entire like hp says but it still wont let me access os tab. anyone with info?

bill
    99 S10 Turbo 4.3L
    05 2500HD Duramax Disel LLY

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by SDimeVortec43 View Post
    anyone know how to get into os tab(operating system?), i did a write entire like hp says but it still wont let me access os tab. anyone with info?

bill
    There are no custom operating systems available for diesels so the OS tab won't have anything available there.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Pilot injection PW doesnot need to be modified it is simply there to quiet the engine and does not need to be increased. Main PW and Main PW [no pilot] can be the same, no reason for them to be different.

Overall it looks like a decent fairly safe tune.
    Last edited by 03 D-max; 10-06-2009 at 02:13 PM.
    03 2500hd HPT, PPE, MBRP, K&N, SD
    www.DuramaxDiesels.com