Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LNF Cat overtemp Lambda

Quote Originally Posted by Oh Lordy View Post
    I'm thinking it's not all because of the timing. Weather being relatively similar day to day this week, I'll get KR sometimes at that load/rpm and then other times not I check Ambient Temps, IAT, & IAT2 and they are similar to previous logs. I dunno.
    I logged on the way home testerday. It was 88 here with high humidity, seeing 92 IAT1 & 98 IAT2 on the freeway. My current tune calls for 14* at WOT, high loads and I saw KR kick in at 13*, 3* KR. I guess I'm in the same boat as you.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    I logged on the way home testerday. It was 88 here with high humidity, seeing 92 IAT1 & 98 IAT2 on the freeway. My current tune calls for 14* at WOT, high loads and I saw KR kick in at 13*, 3* KR. I guess I'm in the same boat as you.
    What was your STFT when the 3* of KR happened? I can run 15* on 0.90 lambda wih no knock in 96* temps on 93 octane and all our gas has 10% ethanol.
    Last edited by Terminator2; 08-15-2009 at 10:31 AM.

I looked at the histogram of STFT's that night. It went +2 to +3 during that pull at WOT, bottom right 3x3 cells of that histogram. The rest of the table seemed to stay around -1 to +1 unless it was in fuel cut mode, or when varying the throttle.

You thinking it's too lean then it retards the spark and adds fuel up top?

I appreciate you helping me figure this out. Sometimes I can't see the obvious.

Advanced Tuner
    I looked at the histogram of STFT's that night. It went +2 to +3 during that pull at WOT, bottom right 3x3 cells of that histogram. The rest of the table seemed to stay around -1 to +1 unless it was in fuel cut mode, or when varying the throttle.

You thinking it's too lean then it retards the spark and adds fuel up top?

I appreciate you helping me figure this out. Sometimes I can't see the obvious.

If that is your correction table Add 0.02 and 0.03 to those respective cells. That should help get rid of that KR and help your WB Lambda read closer to commanded. I just tuned Orbalt08's car for him and I go his running 17* with no knock and 0.86 Lambda. I got is LTFT to 0.0 and his STFT to -2 to 0. Negative STFTs and LTFTs will cause less knock than positive LTFTs and STFTs. Gained 52 hp on his car too.

I'll look at it tonight or tomorrow. I had to work today. I do have my LTFT's pretty close to zero now on my commute. Might go -.8 to +.8 depending on conditions. I checked the other night and I'm 8.6% higher than stock on my MAF table with the AEM CAI.

Made adjustments to the maf correction table. It was positive for more cells than I remembered. I'll log it Monday. Also upped the advance to 15* @WOT high loads while I was at it.

Still seeing 3* KR at WOT commanding 15*. I'll try a fourth brand of 93 octane next tank.

BP, Marathon, & a regional noname all fail so far. I have Mobil & Shell in the area to try yet.

Advanced Tuner
    Still seeing 3* KR at WOT commanding 15*. I'll try a fourth brand of 93 octane next tank.

BP, Marathon, & a regional noname all fail so far. I have Mobil & Shell in the area to try yet.
    Stick the stock airbox on and see if the knock goes away.

Beat you to it! I returned the MAF tables to stock keeping the AEM silicone turbo tube and K&N filter, no snorkel but back on the stock air box. Been following your other threads in the other forum. Good luck. Hopefully my surging goes away as well.

Coupler on order to put the venturi back on later this week. Going to test it now but will log a long drive tomorrow.

Edit: Here's the log I just ran, still seeing KR in most cases at WOT, Added in 1% LTFT since this log, looks like WOT is adding more fuel now. I'll log a good while Wed to let the LTFT's settle in. I'll have to edit the correction table up top.

It broke loose in 2nd at around 5k once from the torque. Hasn't done that in hot tems since I put the AEM CAI on it.

WOT MAF's are down to 32 today for the peak, but it's hotter out than when I saw the 33 lb/min. I think the midrange is better and the flow seems about the same.
    Last edited by Iam Broke; 08-18-2009 at 07:07 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Beat you to it! I returned the MAF tables to stock keeping the AEM silicone turbo tube and K&N filter, no snorkel but back on the stock air box. Been following your other threads in the other forum. Good luck. Hopefully my surging goes away as well.

Coupler on order to put the venturi back on later this week. Going to test it now but will log a long drive tomorrow.

Edit: Here's the log I just ran, still seeing KR in most cases at WOT, Added in 1% LTFT since this log, looks like WOT is adding more fuel now. I'll log a good while Wed to let the LTFT's settle in. I'll have to edit the correction table up top.

It broke loose in 2nd at around 5k once from the torque. Hasn't done that in hot tems since I put the AEM CAI on it.

WOT MAF's are down to 32 today for the peak, but it's hotter out than when I saw the 33 lb/min. I think the midrange is better and the flow seems about the same.
    Your VE airflow is about the same as with the AEM intake on. Pull out 1-2* of timing from your 90-100 load areas and your 160 and 190 load areas.

Duly noted, I will do so tonight.

Advanced Tuner
    Duly noted, I will do so tonight.
    You said it hardly breaks loose in 2nd gear. Mine spins all of 2nd normally even in 97* Florida heat. Less wheelspin than normal this morning but that could be the stock airfilter and those new experimental cam changes I made also had the air running that seems to make a difference in this car even at WOT. I will see what happens in a couple hours. I might put my cam tables back the way they were to see if that is part of the lack of pressure and airflow up top.

I've been off of the stock tires since last winter. As soon as I put the BFG A/S G force tires on it traction improved greatly at WOT but it was cold then. Couldn't drive it in 2" of snow on the Conti's. No wheel hop when it does break loose now. Trifecta tune wouldn't break 'em loose either but did the Conti's.

I'm sure you are kickin' my butt on HP, I haven't touched the cam tables. I'll leave that to you later. ;-)

Raining here now, no logging tonight.
    Last edited by Iam Broke; 08-19-2009 at 05:40 PM.