Thread: 2012 Sierra FPCM and Racetronix hot wire

Tuner in Training

2012 Sierra FPCM and Racetronix hot wire

I am working on a 2012 Sierra flex fuel truck. My customer brought a 525 pump, racetronix hotwire kit, and a boost sensitive fuel pressure regulator. I have already installed the pump and converted the fuel system to a return style.

The racetronix hotwire kit is designed to simply plug inline between the factory wiring and fuel tank thus using the factory fuel pump power and ground to trigger a relay. The problem is that this truck uses a fuel pump control module.

My question is can I simply change the minimum duty cycle of the FPCM to 100% so that it essentially turns it into a switched 12v power? It would be nice and simple instead of rewiring the hotwire kit and also would allow me to have control of the fuel pump prime.

Tuner in Training
    Bump

Advanced Tuner
    Does the pump have its own dedicated power wire from the battery, through the relay, and to the pump? And the relay is turned on by the voltage that comes from the FPCM?

The FPCM is going to try and adjust fuel pressure, not sure that I would trust it to keep the relay on 100% by jacking the numbers in the FPCM cal. It may work, I just would be concerned of that additional variable possibly trying to adjust your fuel pressure (now just a relay) when you're at WOT. Any reason not to just wire the relay to key on?

Potential Tuner
    I installed a kit on my 2008. I pulled the fuse on the FPCM and cut the green wire at the FPCM harness from the ECM (called the fuel pump signal wire) and used that for the racetonix Triger. Deleted the loss of commination code set FPCM to not fitted. You can still adjust the pump prime time. from what i found most people do it that way the PFCM is not really needed if a boost controlled reg is used.
    Last edited by XL7; 09-11-2021 at 12:52 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks XL7! This is what I will try