Thread: cylinder airmass randomly drops to zero during pull

Tuner in Training

cylinder airmass randomly drops to zero during pull

2011 CTS V, FBO, cam, full fuel system, E85

During a pull today the car bucked violently so I let out. Luckily I was logging when it happened. Once I got home I checked the log and saw that:

- Cylinder airmass drops suddenly to zero
    - Ignition timing shoots up to 54*
    - Injector duty cycle drops to .5%

All this happened at once and only for a split second before returning to normal.

Car has been driving perfectly up until now. After the pull, every now and then I would feel the car cut out like a misfire but I couldnt see any indications on the log- just the wideband go lean for a second before returning to normal.

Any ideas on what to look for?
    thumbnail.jpg

File
    Final.hpt
    Last edited by GATEKEEPER; 08-03-2021 at 07:18 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Were you datalogging MAF freq? Did it go to 0?

If so, I'd check for a bad or loose connection at the MAF. If it continues doing it, you might even replace the MAF.

Tuner
    You have your MAF failed and dynamic air set to 4000 rpm. Any reason you have the MAF table zeroed out?
    Last edited by 01SLPSSM6; 08-04-2021 at 12:26 AM.
    2000 WS6 Trans Am LS3, Tick Performance Stage 2 cam, ARH 1 7/8" Headers, FLT Level 6 4L60e, Circle D 5c Launching on a 200K 10 Bolt

2001 Camaro SS M6 Black on Black

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 01SLPSSM6 View Post
    You have your MAF failed and dynamic air set to 4000 rpm. Any reason you have the MAF table zeroed out?
    Sorry for the late response. Last minute work trips tend to throw a wrench into things lol

So are you suggesting that I populate the MAF table, raise the dynamic airflow enable to say 8000, and lower the enable down to something like 100 RPM?

I guess I never mentioned that I am running this car in Speed Density if that matters

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GATEKEEPER View Post
    Sorry for the late response. Last minute work trips tend to throw a wrench into things lol

So are you suggesting that I populate the MAF table, raise the dynamic airflow enable to say 8000, and lower the enable down to something like 100 RPM?

I guess I never mentioned that I am running this car in Speed Density if that matters
    If maf is present populate the table.

Airflow enable: 8192
    Ariflow re-enable: 8191

Make sure your maf diagnostics will fail (set fail hi to a really low hz, and fail lo to a really hi hz). P0101-p0103 to mil on first and I'd uncheck ses enable so that you don't have to look at the light.