Thread: 02 PCM 3 bar and RTT

02 PCM 3 bar and RTT

I just put a 02 PCM in my 00 Sierra, and I was surprised to see that RTT isn't available for a 3 bar OS. When I had the 00 PCM RTT wasn't available for 3 bar either. I was under the impression the 02 PCM had more ram to accomadate RTT. Is this not so, or is there something else I need to do?
    2000 ECSB Sierra, with a lot of tuning to do.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If its not supported its not supported. Theres really no possible way we could support rtt on 200+ operating systems, sorry.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    If its not supported its not supported. Theres really no possible way we could support rtt on 200+ operating systems, sorry.
    Ok, I understand. I've been tuning this long without it, so it's not like I'm going to miss it.

Senior Tuner
    Surely there is a pcm calibration that is supported for your truck. Does anyone know of one, and if so you can just flash that VIN into your pcm.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    12212156 is one of the most popular 2002 operating systems & offers 3 bar & RTT. That os is used in 02 Camaro/Firebird, Silverado's, Sierra's and likely others.

How would I go about flashing the 12212156 into my PCM. Its a 411 PCM if that makes any difference. Is the 12212156 the OS number or the PCM number?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Thats the OS number, you'd either need to have a dealer/shop with a tech 2 flash you with the os or you could pull one off the repository & do so but obviously they are a use at your own risk type file.

Hmm...I'll look into this. I already applied the 3bar on this OS though so I could drive it. So you're telling me I need to blow 2 credits to run the 12212156 OS, 2 more credits for the 3bar OS and blow another 2 for RTT? Had I known that, I wouldn't have of just spent 4 credits to get the truck up and running with the 02 PCM/3 bar.