Thread: Wiring wideband into egr write up

Tuner in Training

Wiring wideband into egr write up

This is a write up to wire a NGK AFX Wide band to your hptuner with out the inputs on the tuner by using the egr circuit for grand prix. Wire color could vary model to model, but it is basically the same.
    NOTE: You have to disable your egr to use this method.
    1. Solder an extension on to the yellow out put wire.
    2. Run the wire into the engine compartment.
    3. Locate the brown wire on the egr connector. This is the egr position reference wire for the pcm.
    4.Solder your extension from the yellow output wire to the brown wire on the egr connector.
    5.I cut off the other wires from the connector and taped them off, so I could get rid of the unused connector.
    6. Tie up the wires out of harms way.
    7. Now you have to make a custom pid in the HPtuner scanner to log your A/F ratio.
    8. Open the primary table in the scanner.
    9. Insert the egr position pid to the table. It is located in the engine section under emissions.
    10.Now you have to go to configure user defined and make a custom pid
    11.I called mine wideband units will be afr. Then copy this into the function box ([PID.2811]*1.4)+9
    12.Apply all the changes
    11. Now go to the histograms and create a new one
    12.For the plot value enter your custom pid for the wideband
    13. Go to the table your the y header and select primary ve vs. RPM vs. MAP This will allow you to use your wide band to tune you WOT a/f ratio. It will be under the 140kpa section

nice write up. did the same thing for my PLX. if you have pictures that would be great for people to understand.

..."As I lay rubber down the street,
    I pray for traction I can keep,
    but if I spin and begin to slide,
    I pray dear Lord to protect my ride"! Amen.

Tuner in Training
    I didn't take any when I did it. I couldn't find my camera lol.

any problems with it not reading in hptuners the same as what the gauge says.

Tuner in Training
    They are real close It is kinda hard to tell since it is always changing, but I think it is right on or maybe a milisec behind the afx read out

Tuner in Training
    does the plx have a brown wire and a yellow wire like the lc1? i hooked my egr up to the brown wire, but im getting nothing right now. so im thinking i need to hook it to the yellow wire...

Tuner in Training
    I have the NGK AFX, but it does have both. You need to use the with power to it. If you have a multimeter you can see which one has the 5 volt signal.

Tuner
    Whats in the HP tuner is right the read out on the wideband controller is slower. It bugs the heck out of me.
    2004 GTP: 3.8L SC, XP CAM, 85MM Maf, 105# Springs, 3.3" Pulley, Autolite 103's K&N CAI, 3" Downpipe: TOG Headers, #39 Cobra Injectors, ZZP Crate motor with CNC Ported Heads, NGK AFX Wideband

the problem is the gound on the hptuers it self because it is grounded by the USB. the discrepency can be fixed i'm working on figuring this out. there is a write up that has tunes of info on how to.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ight=Histogram