Thread: Cant Fix Speedometer 08 F150

Senior Tuner

Cant Fix Speedometer 08 F150

I tried to do a speedometer correction on a 08 F150. The truck has 4.56 gears and a 35" tall tire. I know about settung the Use VID paramater to Disable. The stock file already had the Use VID set to Disable. We were using a Mustang Dyno for the actual mph readings to check against the speedometer in the vehicle. No matter what I set the gear ratio or tire revs/km to nothing changed in the speedo error. I tried tire revs from a low of 300 to the stock 424 setting. Tried gear ratios of the stock 3.73, 4.10 and 4.56. No matter what was in the fields the speed error was always actual 56, indicated 66. Being curious why the Use VID was already set to Disable, I downloaded the 2 stock 08 F150 files in the repository. One of those had the Use VID set to Enable and the other had it set to Disable. Any thoughts on this? Attached is the stock file.

On a side note, I could not datalog the truck either, The scanner would connect and I could populate the table with PIDs. Hitting the space bar to start the datalog would always error saying connection was interrupted.

Tuner in Training
    +1 on the 08 F-150 Speed-0 recal. I was able to do everything else but when the customer change the axle gearing It seemed no matter what I changed the speedometer did not respond.
    On another note, my scanner did work. Wonder why 2xls1's did not???

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    New beta should fix these issues as there were a few switches addressed wrong, email support for the newest beta.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

downloading the new version wont wipe my credits from the vehicle im tuning will it?

Potential Tuner
    having the exact same issue with a 07 F150. changed to a 35" tire and no matter what I make the tire rev per distance the speedo always reads 4-5 mph low at highway speed. used two different GPS to verify this.

what exactly is the "VID" box? the "use VID" toggle is currently enabled.

using VCM Editor 4.0.12

Tuner
    Updating to Beta 4.3.7 solved the VSS wrong reading and now it's correct.
    Simple... Successful... Intelligent...