Thread: Just bought HPT and I just wanna say...

Just bought HPT and I just wanna say...

Wow! This is the good stuff here. I have played with EFI Live some, but it seems to me like this software is on a whole new playing field. The layout is extremely easy to work with and everything is very organized. Hey, It even looks pretty... so it can easily keep simple minded folks like me occupied for hours on end. I opened the box this morning and have already fixed some of the issues my Predator caused. Still need to get a wideband, but I dont really need it at just yet because I would have no clue what to do with it as far as logging and making changes.

Just wanted to pop in and say Im happy with my purchase.

i know what ur going to say "I WISH I SPENT THE MONEY ON SOMTHING ELSE" looool it looks complicated when u first use it specially when ur new to calibration (like ME )
    Chevrolet LS1 Camaro 1999 M6

My FQuick

thanks for the kind words and congratulations on your purchase

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner
    "What this means is you are able to scan your vehicle without the use of a laptop using the interfaces record button."

I'm assuming this feature only scans, a laptop is still necessary to tune? How long are the cables, since I have a desktop in the garage and can't afford both tuner and laptop right now? Is the software transferable to a laptop at a later date. Just trying to get the tuner now without having to wait several months to afford both.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by k_clark View Post
    "What this means is you are able to scan your vehicle without the use of a laptop using the interfaces record button."

I'm assuming this feature only scans, a laptop is still necessary to tune? How long are the cables, since I have a desktop in the garage and can't afford both tuner and laptop right now? Is the software transferable to a laptop at a later date. Just trying to get the tuner now without having to wait several months to afford both.
    Correct, only scans without need for a laptop, an XP equipped netbook would work just fine and can be had for around $200 so not a huge investment by any means
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"