Thread: Decreasing shift pressure in the 4L60E

Decreasing shift pressure in the 4L60E

I have a built 4L60E with a 3000 stall, the builder said he bumped up the pressure when he built it (said it is one of the few thing you can manually adjust in the tranny to a degree) down low rpm's it shifts kinda hard and up top not hard enough, I have adjusted the "shift pressure table" and don't want to go any lower on the low end of this table, I should be able to take care of some of this both ways on the low and high ends with the "force motor current table", just not sure how to adjust it, can anyone help?
    Thanks
    2002 WS-6, Built A-4, 3000 stall, Lid and K&N, ported TB, 220/224, .551, 114 LSA, roller rockers, LT's, 2.5" true duals with X-pipe, Koni adjustable front and Bilstein rears with Hotchkis springs, front bar and bushings, welded SFC's, boxed LCA's., Midnight Blue trimmed in silver, silver face gauges, custom hood bird, HPT (with lot's of tuning)

Advanced Tuner
    I also have the same issue's with my 4l80e. Did you take out all the torque management also? I can't really find a proper way to adjust the shift pressure tables when you remove the TM.

Quote Originally Posted by ns158sl View Post
    I also have the same issue's with my 4l80e. Did you take out all the torque management also? I can't really find a proper way to adjust the shift pressure tables when you remove the TM.
    Yes I took out all TM.
    2002 WS-6, Built A-4, 3000 stall, Lid and K&N, ported TB, 220/224, .551, 114 LSA, roller rockers, LT's, 2.5" true duals with X-pipe, Koni adjustable front and Bilstein rears with Hotchkis springs, front bar and bushings, welded SFC's, boxed LCA's., Midnight Blue trimmed in silver, silver face gauges, custom hood bird, HPT (with lot's of tuning)

Try increasing the values in the low end columns on the Force Motor tables.
    Always Support Our Troops!