Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Reading WB02 with HPT Standard, using AC Pressure Switch

Advanced Tuner
    The user defined PID that I cant edit or do anything to is:

100*([SENS.120]-[SENS.121])/[SENS.121] and that gives me a read out of 50% to 75% error.

My AFR error is the one leafy posted up in post #123.

I don't have any experience tuning with E85 but I understand that a wide band configured for gas will show 14.7 when the sensor detect stoich. So 14.7 really equals 9.7. So if you are showing 10's you are super duper rich.

You should reconfigure the LC to show stoich for E85 and/or switch to lamba to remove some stuff from the equation.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    I don't have any experience tuning with E85 but I understand that a wide band configured for gas will show 14.7 when the sensor detect stoich. So 14.7 really equals 9.7. So if you are showing 10's you are super duper rich.

You should reconfigure the LC to show stoich for E85 and/or switch to lamba to remove some stuff from the equation.
    Ok, I will change that and let you know the outcome.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok I left my terminal plug at home so I change change the stoich just yet.

As for the ARF error the equation posted in #123 is only showing an error of .5% even though I am fueling 10.0 gas so something is wrong. Is there another equation I can use or something else to use?

The thing about going from ~14.7 to ~9.7 on my WB gauge is still throwing me for a loop on this. The % AFR off would be the same I would think no matter what fuel you have. So the output % on the log should be the same. Only thing that might change is the function.. Which I still have not figured out.
    Last edited by HNRClothing; 04-08-2011 at 05:13 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I was thinking why can't I do a 100*((USER.xxxx-14.7)/14.7)? User.xxxx represents the custom afr pid.
    Last edited by HNRClothing; 04-09-2011 at 04:08 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Alright, that function I wrote above worked well. Seems to be a lot easier than the other error posted. Why do another calc with the ac pressure volts when you just take the actual AFR (since it already calculated what the volts were in AFR) it is recording and make you equation?

Anywho I am still running the gas stoich on the WB too.

Advanced Tuner
    glad that worked for you, for some reason it didnt work for me on 2.22, maybe it will work now that I'm on 2.23.
    1994 Mazda Miata turbo, aero, hoosiers Class=SSM

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!

You cannot reference user defined PIDs in other user defined PIDs in 2.22. the built in Air Fuel Ratio Error PID should work fine in 2.23.
    Bill Winters

Advanced Tuner
    You cannot reference user defined PIDs in other user defined PIDs in 2.22. the built in Air Fuel Ratio Error PID should work fine in 2.23.
    Well it wasnt working, the error was not correct.

I made my AFR error user defined PID reference my AFR user defined PID and it works great.

You said in post 140 that you were using a custom AFR Error PID. Try using the built in "Air Fuel Ratio Error PID". It's not editable.
    Bill Winters

Advanced Tuner
    You said in post 140 that you were using a custom AFR Error PID. Try using the built in "Air Fuel Ratio Error PID". It's not editable.
    Yes I am because last I remember I used the built in PID it wasnt the correct error. I will try again.

Advanced Tuner
    The built in AFR error does not work. In a cell that is reading -3.21 on my PID the built in is reading +78...

Thats weird...
    Bill Winters

Advanced Tuner
    Thats weird...
    Very.. That is why I made my own. Some spots were over a hunder error. The PID I made is working, as I can tell, perfectly. So whoever needs it, if there built in PID doesnt work, feel free to use it and let me know.

is the red/black wire from a/c to the pcm on the top wire harness on the pcm?

2011 CTS-V Coupe
    - 1993 Mazda RX7

*The most powerful designs are always the result of a continuous process of simplification and refinement.*