Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tell Chris@HPT what's missing for LNF

Quote Originally Posted by mkriebs View Post
    GM stage 1 kit I suppose will have to do for meow.
    Can I have 800 bucks too ?

Advanced Tuner
    No shit, lol. Luckily, the shop I work for is a GMPP installer, so I can get that done for free/cheap, lol. Hopefully parts at cost too hehehehehehe.

Otherwise, its wait til HPT unlocks the dang thing.

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    fuel pressure vs load ftw!
    Me love boost long time.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool View Post
    Brining this back to the top.

Are there any tables/settings that we could use to make the throttle position equal the pedal position? I hate ETC so badly - if i could run a cable to a traditional TB and still have the car run i would. Waiting a quarter of a second for the computer to catch up to you when you floor it or shift is a joke!

\End rant
    DALs are used for throttle control so if you set them super high in the lower desired torque columns you can get full throttle and full boost at 30% throttle. Does not help with response time when going from lift throttle to WOT instantly only helps a lot when you roll it on like when you pass someone on the hwy.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
    DALs are used for throttle control so if you set them super high in the lower desired torque columns you can get full throttle and full boost at 30% throttle. Does not help with response time when going from lift throttle to WOT instantly only helps a lot when you roll it on like when you pass someone on the hwy.
    What you are describing with the DALs is similar to what the "sprintbooster" does. That is not at all what I'm after. I want the ECT pid to ALWAYS equal the PDL pid...
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

What you are describing with the DALs is similar to what the "sprintbooster" does. That is not at all what I'm after. I want the ECT pid to ALWAYS equal the PDL pid...
    Yeah, I don't want to lose "resolution" in trade for difference in response time.

Advanced Tuner
    I figured as much but that is all we have for now for the ETC. A lot of people dont realize the DALs control throttle position with respect to desired torque which is partly computed by pedal position so in a way it relates pedal position and actual throttle opening percentage. I too wish we could shorten the 1 second delay in throttle response when stabbing it quickly. I miss cable operated throttles and their instant response.

Advanced Tuner
    We need something to control the throttle blade when we boost higher than 22 psi. Seems like we are still having on and off problems with that.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26697

No offense intended, but develop or lose the LNF business like a set of keys. If thats the end game, then so be it. It annoys me I have more control over my grandpas Silverado than I do my turbo Ecotec.

Tuner in Training
    what we need....

Fuel Control... prssure and injector pulse timing
    Wastegate actuator control

What would be cool....

Boost control in with launch control (varying RPM)

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpster View Post
    ...No offense intended, but develop or lose the LNF business like a set of keys. If thats the end game, then so be it. It annoys me I have more control over my grandpas Silverado than I do my turbo Ecotec.
    I agree. I wanted to say that the LNF flashing market is growing and growing, and HPTuners crew could grow in the same way...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    ive added the fuel table, map scale, fan table requests to the main suggestion thread...as chris has stated he wont be able to work on these until 2010 as we are backed up through the new year with new gm defs.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 11-21-2009 at 04:27 PM.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, thats great. What else could we be looking at as well?

How about the rest of the boost tables, or wastegate duty cycle (might be all we need), and some OS tricks would be nice. Whatever can let the engine take more air load.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    and some OS tricks would be nice. Whatever can let the engine take more air load.
    Uh yeah, and then it starts...os mods are unlikely. I mean seriously you guys are asking for specific tables, wouldn't you like to get those before os mods I don't understand the thinking with this...this is not a feature request thread, this was a "what tables do we need thread" if it gets too far off of track from that I won't hesitate to close it.

Advanced Tuner
    So, we are looking to be stuck at 22.5psi of boost forever.

Awesome.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    So, we are looking to be stuck at 22.5psi of boost forever.

Awesome.

Advanced Tuner
    So what am i missing? Your doing fuel, which is perfect. Map scaling, which will help alot (and I thought was an OS tweak, my bad!), and is also perfect. But I know there are other tables we need besides this. So, what table are we missing that lets the engine go past 255kpa? And why are we getting shut down by the throttle blade?

So, here... since I don't know the names of the tables, we need whatever tables will fix:
    - The throttle blade closing at boost higher than 22.5psi and higher RPM (overboost apparently isn't cutting it). Not sure if MAP scaling is all we need.
    - Whatever will let the motor produce more air load when it is commanded (thus higher boost).
    - Something to fix the darned throttle delay (not sure if its possible through a tune, just tossing ideas out).
    - Whatever will let us run the Stage kit sensors, without the calibration.

Those, along with the fuel tables, wastegate tables, fan control, would be nice.

I was not intending to take the thread off path with the OS thing, I thought that the MAP sensor scaling was an OS tweak.

And, just so we are on the right page, MAP scaling will let us run a 3 bar, right? Thats all I want.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    So what am i missing? Your doing fuel, which is perfect. Map scaling, which will help alot (and I thought was an OS tweak, my bad!), and is also perfect. But I know there are other tables we need besides this. So, what table are we missing that lets the engine go past 255kpa? And why are we getting shut down by the throttle blade?
    Seriously I have no idea, I'm not an engineer, I don't reverse engineer code, I take table requests & forward them to the engineer in charge of that particular pcm.

I was not intending to take the thread off path with the OS thing, I thought that the MAP sensor scaling was an OS tweak.
    Maybe it is, maybe you are hardcoded to that kpa, I have no clue, Chris may have already answered that on the forum If its hardcoded its likely something we won't touch.

And, just so we are on the right page, MAP scaling will let us run a 3 bar, right?
    Not necessarily, LS2's have had map scaling but that doesn't mean switching to 3 bar is easy, in fact they are hardcoded to 255kpa.

Adding a map scalar IMO more than likely would just open another can of worms leading to dozens of more requests...its a snowball effect.

In reality in the 2 months this thread has been up has really enlightened us on what needs to be added or what is wanted to be added at least so its served its purpose for now. I'll consider reopening at a later time if necessary. As recently stated though we won't be able to look into more stuff until sometime in 2010, first quarter maybe.

-Bill