Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tell Chris@HPT what's missing for LNF

My short list:

1.) Making the VVT control coherent would be peachy.

2.) Fuel control (duh)

3.) Fan control

4.) Control over launch control and NLTS. Specifically, I'd love it if I could control timing retard on at least NLTS. 3 foot fireballs and 20psi full-boost shifts are something I'm missing coming to this car as people put bigger snails on these, they'll want it too.

5.) Most likely never happen, but if we could gain any control over the BCM I'd do a back flip (no joke). I'd LOVE to disable the auto lights, auto locks and other things that make me want to burn this vehicle on a daily basis.
    Last edited by Gimpster; 09-06-2009 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    lsj are just butthurting cuz lnf came out and tore em a new hole hahaha people have blown up trying to keep up with tune only lnf's haha i know one but hes pretty ashamed and doesnt want his named mentioned haha keeping the pride thats left and moving on.

i think cwe need cam limp home code controll so if we decide to go full race which someone might want to do then we have the option to run whatever cam we wish and the posibility of hard cams with no adjusters.
    give me fuel pressure and injector control and launch control for everyone else.
    lol yeah I was upset that my 500+whp cobalt (06) had tc's that almost kept up with me lol. LSJ would be nice if there was more available for tuning it, especially at high hp levels, but hell LNF you really don't need a whole bunch more. and big turbo you really don't need nls. The gt3076r car we did goes rght back to full boost the second you get back in the throttle after a gear change.

I just want the fuel pressure tables and fan control. And the ability to read over 255kpa in the scanner since we are running 26.2psi on the 09
    2006 cobalt (no more turbo)
    m62 2.7 pulley, E85, 79lb/hr injectors, 4-2-1 longtube header, airbox mod, stock catback

1998 Trans am 5.3 iron block 317 heads 88mm turbo e85 105lb/hr injectors, twin 255's.... build in progress

2014 wrx mild tune 18psi pump gas

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimpster View Post
    My short list:

5.) Most likely never happen, but if we could gain any control over the BCM I'd do a back flip (no joke). I'd LOVE to disable the auto lights, auto locks and other things that make me want to burn this vehicle on a daily basis.
    There is a way you can do that through the DIC. I am not sure if it works or not though. And I am not 100% sure how I got to that menu... lol.

Auto locks/lights can't be disabled through the DIC on my 2009. I've even gone to a couple local dealers about this and they told me no-go. They were confused why I'd even want to disable such wonderful features.

Older GM's (not sure what the cut off is?) like my old 03 Silverado you could for sure. If I'm missing something, please let me know! Wouldn't shock me at all if there was some hidden menu. Maybe I should button mash awhile. GM's official stance is it can't be done though.

Quote Originally Posted by mkriebs View Post
    There is a way you can do that through the DIC. I am not sure if it works or not though. And I am not 100% sure how I got to that menu... lol.

Advanced Tuner
    Hmmm, I have accessed a menu to it, but like i said, IDK how, lol. I don't even know if it works... I thought I changed something, but it didn't change, so it may just be there but it may not work.

Advanced Tuner
    We need the ability to set the boost solenoid DC to 100%. That will help us hold pressure up top and if there are anymore tables we need to run 265 kPa ( 24 psi) we need those and fuel pressure and cat warmup ignition timing control car runs like crap on -16* of advance.

Is anything going on with this? Is any of this going to happen?

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    Prolly not for a little bit. We got a little action last beta with overboost, now we wait our turn again.
    Like vollyball. ROTATE! lol
    Last edited by Baldturbofreak.com; 09-14-2009 at 12:52 PM.
    Me love boost long time.

It would be interesting if Chrysler folded before they got Dodge support finalized. Either way, I'm sure all 17 people who bought Chrysler products during cash-for-clunkers will appreciate the effort

Hopefully HPT doesnt take that the wrong way, just being a smartarse.

Its pretty clear that GDI 4cyls using Bosch PCM's will be GM's MO for some time to come. I would expect full development on this PCM given enough time. So don't lose hope yet GeoffH.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldturbofreak.com View Post
    We got a little action last beta with overboost, now we wait our turn again.
    Ya but this action seems to happen once a year, i don't want to wait another year for fuel pressure control.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldturbofreak.com View Post
    Prolly not for a little bit. We got a little action last beta with overboost, now we wait our turn again.
    Like vollyball. ROTATE! lol
    What is this?

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    Quote Originally Posted by shabby View Post
    Ya but this action seems to happen once a year, i don't want to wait another year for fuel pressure control.
    Agreed,
    But Chris seems to be getting more and more proficient at hacking the bosch stuff. He's a human like you and me. The better you are at something, the more likely you are to perform a task involving it.
    He'll hook us up the next time he gets sick of looking at the dodge plop.
    Me love boost long time.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffH View Post
    What is this?

Over & underboost control tables. Request the latest beta.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Thanks, sent in request.

What can be done with it?

Don't take this as rude, but you'd do well to re-read this forum back to mid 2008 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffH View Post
    Thanks, sent in request.

What can be done with it?
    Turn off the over/under boost codes so that you can boost about 255kpa. It's smart to use an external boost gauge and possibly boost controller with these.

How do i turn it on/off?

I couldn't figure it out, and the car didn't like the new Beta at all.

Advanced Tuner
    Quick question... is our boost gauge controlled by the ECU? Or is it mechanical? Been thinking i should pick up a mechanical, but if I buy one and find out the hard way our stock on ie mechanical, I'll be pissed.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by black06g85 View Post
    I just want the fuel pressure tables and fan control. And the ability to read over 255kpa in the scanner since we are running 26.2psi on the 09
    YES YES YES, FUEL FUEL FUEL!!

I had mine at 27/28psi but I'm at the injection window wall (injection misfire)