Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I'm stumped. HUGE timing drop.

hmm and i was thinking about getting a maggy. Looks good

Looks like I have it licked.
    I read the program in 2.3 Beta. I rewrote the entire PCM and TCM with a complete program from GM with my Tech 2 .
    Then I read that in 2.2 on my other computer. Copy and pasted everything from my 2.3 Beta file and did a write complete.
    It seems fine now.
    Of course I have a different blower on it now, but it still makes 12# pretty quickly.
    At least I can drive it now.
    A&A CORVETTE PERFORMANCE
    477 LAMBERT ST
    OXNARD CA 93036
    WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
    SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

[email protected] 805- 278 4107 Toll Free- 1 888 VETTEPRO

Quote Originally Posted by Andy@A&A View Post
    Looks like I have it licked.
    I read the program in 2.3 Beta. I rewrote the entire PCM and TCM with a complete program from GM with my Tech 2 .
    Then I read that in 2.2 on my other computer. Copy and pasted everything from my 2.3 Beta file and did a write complete.
    It seems fine now.
    Of course I have a different blower on it now, but it still makes 12# pretty quickly.
    At least I can drive it now.
    Andy, if you can please email the file that doesn't work along with the file that works to support please so i can check the differences. It sounds like tech2 upgraded your OS to fix a GM bug.
    I count sheep in hex...

Can I get some info on this as well? I've emailed support regarding my issue on an e67 in an 08 grand prix GXP w/turbo. I also tried scaling to keep the g/cyl values in the spark table and that works....but it works because the calculated torque values are also much lower and then the trans torque management doesn't kick in. In this case, the PID is slightly different because it shows Spark TqMgt Type as "Trans". Again, all Tq MGT tables are zeroed and/or maxed.

I don't want to leave this car scaled because there is no reason to scale this MAF with a 4000g/sec limit and I'd like to leave all of the resolution in the other tables if possible. I especially don't want to mess with the trans shifting pressures if I don't have to because I can't scale the axis so I'd have to move around values.

Thanks!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Andy please email support your serial number & a link to this thread, I recently had some data loss and can't find your email(s).
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Joe6pt0 View Post
    Can I get some info on this as well? I've emailed support regarding my issue on an e67 in an 08 grand prix GXP w/turbo. I also tried scaling to keep the g/cyl values in the spark table and that works....but it works because the calculated torque values are also much lower and then the trans torque management doesn't kick in. In this case, the PID is slightly different because it shows Spark TqMgt Type as "Trans". Again, all Tq MGT tables are zeroed and/or maxed.

I don't want to leave this car scaled because there is no reason to scale this MAF with a 4000g/sec limit and I'd like to leave all of the resolution in the other tables if possible. I especially don't want to mess with the trans shifting pressures if I don't have to because I can't scale the axis so I'd have to move around values.

Thanks!
    So has anybody followed up with anymore on this issue with the 08 Grand Prix GXP with the E67??? will the new BETA take care of this in theory?? is this instance above the same thing??

Was root cause ever determined on this? There's a local TBSS that's going to be finished soon, and we want to make sure this problem is avoided.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Not sure yet, we have some leads but haven't had a time to look into them as of yet.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

If we start running into it, I'll do what I can to gether data and provide files.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Senior Tuner
    Have you tried setting the TCS max torque back to the stock value, it has nothing to do with TM but will cause all kinds of whacked out shit when set different from stock. All it does is tell Stabilitrak what torque percent you are at and you disabled TCS anyway so it makes no difference there.