Thread: What is the "proper" way to setup wot RPM shifts

Tuner

What is the "proper" way to setup wot RPM shifts

Whats the proper way to setup a wot shift in each gear via rpm shifting not mph?
    Last edited by Silver2002ta; 09-02-2009 at 12:55 PM.
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am - 1000+ rwhp street car

Set your WOT shift RPM to what you want to shift at (remember to leave some distance between that and your engine rev limiter). Then fill your WOT shift MPH table to 0 for each gear.

Also, if youd like you can mix and match I've found. You can shift 1>2 by rpm, 2>3 by mph or any combination. Just be aware that by mixing you get odd downshift behavior you'll need to rule out. Best to do all one or all the other. Biggest thing is like I said, make sure that the shift rpm is low enough so that quick-rising rpms dont fly past the shift point and bang the limiter.

RPM based WOT shifts on a 6L80E

Has this been shown to work on a 6L80E ? Looking for real first hand experiences on this.

Also wondering why not just lower the mph in the WOT table to accomplish the same thing?

I think it has been shown that the WOT RPM table is ignored when speeds other than 0 are set in the WOT speed tables. Never have tried setting 0 MPH. Seems reasonable from a software implementation perspective.
    2009 Cyber Gray C6 Coupe, A6, F55 Shocks, Z51 Brakes

Halltech Killer Bee, Comp Springs, Kooks 1.75 Long Tube Headers, Random Technologies Cats, .25" Tunnel Plate, RPM 3.42 Rear, 2600 Stall TC.