Thread: Need to get my computer flashed

Potential Tuner

Need to get my computer flashed

This is the first time I have visited this site and I really like it. I have a question about my car and I am hoping someone can help me out. I have a '92 Bonneville SSEi and I will be rebuilding or replacing the engine shortly. After I am done though I will need to reprogram the computer and I am looking for a reasonably priced program that I could buy to do that. I have the laptop, so all I really need, I think is the right program. Also I have considered putting NOS on it in the future but I am not sure what I should build into the bottom of the engine so that it is somewhat reliable. Any help or previous experience would be great.

chuck

Advanced Tuner

Re: Need to get my computer flashed

you need tunercat with the 5B4 definition file, a replacement 29c256 flash memory OR a uv eraser and an eeprom programmer, xtronics has pocket programmer and flash memories.

www.tunercat.com

www.xtronics.com

if you can afford it get the pocket romulator as well, that way you can do live emulation (make changes while your buddy drives the car and see changes instantly)

now for logging the data you can use tunerpro or winaldl or get a hold of a tech1, or check out turbolink or diacom or any other obd1 scanner out there.

there are more but these are ones i am familiar with.
    There is no replacement for displacement?&&sure there is, its called a Blower!