I’m having very frustrating WOT upshift issues with both my car and a friend’s car, both of which are 2007 A6’s with LS7s and are almost identical clones of each other. The current list of mods are as follows:

• Ported intake manifold
  • LS2 headers
  • Ported and milled heads
  • Yank SS4000 stall converter on his car and an SS3600 on mine
  • 3.42 gears
  • 275x40x17 Hoosier drag radials on C5 Z06 front rims

Here’s an approximate chronology of events leading up to yesterday:

• I put an LS7 in my car back in February and managed to run a 10.644 before making any mods to the engine
  • Around the beginning of July I put in a “Street Menace” cam (slightly bigger than the QM600) and after several tuning sessions managed to run a [email protected] on July 22
  • A few weeks after that I installed the “Lucifer” cam in my car and with pretty much the exact same tune (except for some timing and airflow changes) I hit the rev-limiter 4 times in 3 passes that night
  • I then installed the Lucifer cam in my friend’s car( along with the heads and ported intake) and took it to the track yesterday only to have the same rev-limiter problem on all of the passes I made and in some cases it happened more than once each time.

This one has me completely stumped and I’m thinking that I may have surpassed some power/torque threshold that the transmission doesn’t like because the car shifted great with the smaller cam (as seen in the “clean run” scan) but wouldn’t shift properly with the bigger cam.

The other thing worth noting is that the car seems to be ignoring the commanded upshift MPH, particularly on the 2-3 shift. With a couple of earlier scans that I was logging the “Trans Current Gear” value it seems that no matter how low I set the value it would always command the shift higher than I wanted it to which is probably why it ends up hitting the rev-limiter.

Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Christopher