Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: The LNF and the boost controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
    Anyone try dropping dals to adjust for the boost spike?
    Yep, it works. But the boost is a bit less controllable.

Advanced Tuner
    I put the pill in today, didnt get the best log but my rpd shows 25.5 until it shuts off. Had to pull timing running .86 lambda. Oh yea, this was a stock tune with more fuel and changed overboost.

Kill the codes and your RPD won't die on ya.

Advanced Tuner
    Ill do that first thing when i get off work. I cant tell if my car was faster with my tuning, or this pill. I know im either spinning tires, or clutch in 3rd at a 55 punch in my hhr. I actually think it is the tires, only spins for half a sec and the speedo jumps a little.

Ive turned off the codes and I still get the RPD blanking out. Only seems to happen if I do a 3rd or 4th gear pull from around 3K and hold over 25 for a few seconds. Ive disabled 0106's and the 0234 codes. If theres another that stops making it blank out, PLEASE share!! LOL!

Hmmm killing the codes solved mine at the track, but it might've just been coincidence. I havent driven the car in 8 days since the track, so maybe its still broken and I just never hit the magic # again to break it. FWIW, I've had it say NO DATA on cam phase screen before too. Usually right after I make a cam adjustment.

Thinking I'm going to yank mine and sell it anyway.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    Ive turned off the codes and I still get the RPD blanking out. Only seems to happen if I do a 3rd or 4th gear pull from around 3K and hold over 25 for a few seconds. Ive disabled 0106's and the 0234 codes. If theres another that stops making it blank out, PLEASE share!! LOL!
    I believe the reason the RPDs are blanking out is becuase the boost pressure is a calcualted value and once you peg the map at 255 kPa it stops calcualating hence no signal anymore.
    Last edited by Terminator2; 10-05-2009 at 01:07 PM.

If I clear the CEL that isnt there thru HPT, the data comes back instantly. But it shows no codes, its weird.

You should take a log for HPT and break your RPD on purpose and send it over. Obviously something is happening killing the datasteam to it, no matter what PID its logging off.

I've tried mining for RPD information off a couple GM folks, and they're mum of course. I tore mine apart and ID'd everything in it, but don't care enough to hack it.

The log still shows the boost LOL. It only happens occasionally too. I have a OBD2 tool behind the seat always, if it happens I just reset quick and all is well.

A key cycle always fixed mine.

remove the RPD and your car won't start either!

That's cake to fix, as its just like removing the Onstar module (ask me how I know )

Basically the GMLAN/CAN BUS has an in/out and it works like christmas tree lights. Remove the device, you break the ring. Connect those wires and voila the ring is restored.

I've not devoted the time to seeing which wires are the in/out yet on the RPD. The OnStar unit was the same as C6 vettes and other GM's.

Quote Originally Posted by wantedSS/TC View Post
    remove the RPD and your car won't start either!

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpster View Post
    That's cake to fix, as its just like removing the Onstar module (ask me how I know )

Basically the GMLAN/CAN BUS has an in/out and it works like christmas tree lights. Remove the device, you break the ring. Connect those wires and voila the ring is restored.

I've not devoted the time to seeing which wires are the in/out yet on the RPD. The OnStar unit was the same as C6 vettes and other GM's.
    touche sir, touche.