Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The LNF and the boost controller.

I said fuck it honestly and left the DAL's. I messed up on where to put it so I didnt think it was ever going to work. I was more then pleasantly suprised when it did work!!! It seriously is just sick! I thought it was fast before, it's almost dangerous on the road now MUAAHAAAHAAA LOL!!

(spiking 25, holding 23 tapering to ~22 at redline, previously I would get 22 spike, dip to 20ish then pick back up to almost 21 for most of the pull. Now there is NO dip at all! The dip you see is the car burning out in 2nd )

Thanks to BTF for the tip on this mod

Edit: Im doing this to a customer's car today, I'll take some pics so it's less confusing when you get under the car. There are 3 lines going to the Boost Solenoid, you want the bottom (when looking from the bottom) line coming DIRECTLY off of the turbo housing! I used a lil lube on the .030 tip and a small philips head to push it into the vacuum line. Pretty simple but a REAL PITA to get off the car if you don't have a lift like me
    Last edited by BackyardTurbo_FTW; 09-20-2009 at 06:37 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Subscribed!

I would think you would have to increase DAL's in conjunction with an MBC otherwise it will still limit you to the "airflow" in the DAL. all the MBC is doing in our case is reducing the load on the OEM boost control solenoid, right?
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

Its delaying the signal, or making it seem like less then what it is going into the solenoid so it's holding the flapper closed longer. I changed nothing in my tune, just inserted this tip in the line and drove it.

Advanced Tuner
    Did you put it into the line that hooks right up to the wastegate solenoid? Its like a 3" line with a couple curves in it...

Not that one, thats the mistake I made. lol.

You want the other bottom hose, you can see it go right into the turbo housing if you take the air inlet off.

Advanced Tuner
    Oh ok. Thats the hose I hooked my MBC to (the one I mentioned)... is this the wrong one, hence why I am getting a shitton of trouble from it?

No welding tips at Menard's (local chain) Have to look at Lowes & HD next week. Not much time to play this weekend, had to close the pool.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

I can't find any .030 tips locally, if anyone has an extra they are willing to sell & mail, please PM me.

Thanks!

Ill send you one, PM me your address.

You have a PM.

If we throw in the .030 tip do we have to readjust any of the torque tables?
    2008 Cobalt SSTC S1
    67 RS Camaro 406 ci 12 sec 1/4mi
    87 Pachanga22 502ci 500hp

Believe it or not, check Wal-Mart for welding tips in the auto/tool area. The MIGHT have a couple different sizes. Also if you have any Northern Tool or Harbor Freights in the area too.

Advanced Tuner
    I think I am going to ditch my MBC and give this a shot. IDK if I want her running SO much boost throughout though... I can't imagine it being great on the turbo. I was hoping to dial in 24 with the MBC, but it seems like I will either hit <22 or 25-26.

Wonder if I could dial in the boost with the DAL's with the welding tip in there...

You can bring it down, thats just where I wanted it. Reduce DAL's and you should get a solid 22-23 no prob!

Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    You can bring it down, thats just where I wanted it. Reduce DAL's and you should get a solid 22-23 no prob!
    Did you ever get pics of which hose we're working with?

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/at...re-1005big.jpg

Theres a nice picture of the turbo side of an LNF, perhaps making a little diagram for people would help BackyardTurbo. Although that picture makes it pretty crystal clear on its own
    Last edited by Gimpster; 09-21-2009 at 10:33 AM.

So if I understand right... it goes in this line?

If not, I'll fix the graphic. Let me know.

Edit: Incorrect graphic removed.
    Last edited by Iam Broke; 09-21-2009 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Graphic removed (wrong)

Not the right one, that is the solenoid vent I believe. The line you want goes into the scroll portion of the turbo housing, you can see part of it in this pic. I recommend you undo the 3 hoses from the turbo and the wastegate actuator, then take out the 1 torx bolt holding the solenoid to the turbo. Then with it off, you can lube up the tip and shove it into the hose, I used a thin philips to push it in far enough. You will need to make sure your under/over boost is OFF or set to 25psi etc..

Last edited by BackyardTurbo_FTW; 09-21-2009 at 11:02 AM.

The tables are set to 8000 rpm, so I think that's turned off. Incorrect graphic removed from my post above. Thanks for the info, we all appreciate it.
    Last edited by Iam Broke; 09-21-2009 at 11:29 AM.

Tuner in Training
    so i have my boost controller hooked up one side to the wastegate rod and the otherside to my bypass valve. a shop hooked it up for me and my boostguage is acting crazy it kinda sputters from 15psi to 20psi and kinda back and forth but my hpt peggs 255kpa. is it hooked up correctly? does anyone have any pics of where to hook the lines up too because i dont know shit about boost controllers.