Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone used an 07 ECU in an 06 Z06

Has anyone used an 07 ECU in an 06 Z06

I would like to use the 2.5bar OS on an 06 Z. Anyone successfully use an 07 ecu for this? Thanks.
    07 ZO6- warhawk 427/APS TT/HPT 2.5bar

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    I dont wanna sound like I know best, but damn we changed the VIN on my 08 ECU to an 07 when I had the same problem of trying to get the 2.5bar SD to work on my car, it was a total failure.

I was told however that the newer models were the problem, they had so many security checks it was almost impossible, we changed the ECU's VIN, and that didnt match with the VIN in the other vehicle modules so it wouldnt goto ignition,crank, accessory mode nothing.

I personally think its not the ECU, but the 06 VIN that wont allow you to use it, but who knows. Goodluck

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by INTMD8 View Post
    I would like to use the 2.5bar OS on an 06 Z. Anyone successfully use an 07 ecu for this? Thanks.

i asked this resently too....love to know

Quote Originally Posted by ayousef View Post
    I dont wanna sound like I know best, but damn we changed the VIN on my 08 ECU to an 07 when I had the same problem of trying to get the 2.5bar SD to work on my car, it was a total failure.

I was told however that the newer models were the problem, they had so many security checks it was almost impossible, we changed the ECU's VIN, and that didnt match with the VIN in the other vehicle modules so it wouldnt goto ignition,crank, accessory mode nothing.

I personally think its not the ECU, but the 06 VIN that wont allow you to use it, but who knows. Goodluck
    i know that vin is in a different area on the 08's so its impossible now the 06 and 07 are in the same area.

Well, I flashed an 07 2.5bar file to his 06 ecu just to try it. Sending it back to him today so I should know in a few days if it's going to run ok or not.

(After flashing in the 07 file I was still able to scan/connect so that's a plus)

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Well, I flashed an 07 2.5bar file to his 06 ecu just to try it. Sending it back to him today so I should know in a few days if it's going to run ok or not.

(After flashing in the 07 file I was still able to scan/connect so that's a plus)
    hrm.....
    jim what did u do for vin #?
    i know there is a repository somewhere on the net with all vins that were produced for each yr.

I BE WHATCHIN THIS TREAD.

I'm interested as well in what you did for the VIN number...

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

I didn't change the vin, it kept the original 06 vin. After I flashed it I read it again and it said something like invalid vin/os please contact for support flashing disabled but I can still make changes to the file I originally flashed it with and it accepts it.

Again, not sure if it's going to work but I thought I would give it a try.

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    I didn't change the vin, it kept the original 06 vin. After I flashed it I read it again and it said something like invalid vin/os please contact for support flashing disabled but I can still make changes to the file I originally flashed it with and it accepts it.

Again, not sure if it's going to work but I thought I would give it a try.

glad someone stepped up to try....there is a possibility that it will be a brick.

thanks jim

Advanced Tuner
    jimmy just checkin in

Customer called today and said the car seems to run well which is a plus but still can't say 100% success until I have it in my hands. (which may be a while as he has an oil pressure issue).

[email protected]

nice to hear that did work with hem ,, let us know what happen because i have 2006 that i need to put speed density tune in it with custom OS .

Advanced Tuner
    sounds positive so far

just let us know

Nice work man, I have been trying to find a pinout diagram on both so I wouldn't fry anything before trying this. I will post my results as soon and my heep is running again. lol

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Newtech View Post
    Nice work man, I have been trying to find a pinout diagram on both so I wouldn't fry anything before trying this. I will post my results as soon and my heep is running again. lol
    Your wish is my command! I just made these for you from our Mitchell account.

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009 C6 engine performance wiring diagrams:

http://www.diablosporttuning.com/fil...g_diagrams.zip <---right click, save as please!!!
    Last edited by RWTD; 10-20-2009 at 12:03 AM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Advanced Tuner
    Awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    Your wish is my command! I just made these for you from our Mitchell account.

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009 C6 engine performance wiring diagrams:

http://www.diablosporttuning.com/fil...g_diagrams.zip <---right click, save as please!!!
    Thanks man, I am comparing now and I see differences, I'm off to the store for a highlighter and some starbucks. lol.

It looks like there are at least a dozen wires that are different so far between the two pcm pinouts, most critical it looks like map sensor and ignition voltage wires are not going to the same place as well are oil switch, and a few others. My first assessment is the conversion from 07 to 06 OS is not compatible, and wont run right unless the harness is modded. I will continue crossing the two some more tommorrow but thats all I came up with today.

Customer called today and said the car seems to run well which is a plus but still can't say 100% success until I have it in my hands. (which may be a while as he has an oil pressure issue).
    Read my post ^^^ I see that the oil pressure will have problems due to the pinouts, its not the motor most likely.

Advanced Tuner
    im going to contact the guys at FROG harness's, [email protected] . and send them the pinouts, and see if they can make an adaptor harness, probley gonna be about 300 bucks.

-carl

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by carlrx7 View Post
    im going to contact the guys at FROG harness's, [email protected] . and send them the pinouts, and see if they can make an adaptor harness, probley gonna be about 300 bucks.

-carl
    Might as well do it with an '09 LS3 pcm, if possible, that way you get the double IFR and already extended MAF table. I'm almost positive you'll need the '09 TB and ETC pedal assembly.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)