Thread: 4T65E shift speed

Tuner in Training

4T65E shift speed

As the title says I have a 4T65E transmission that Im trying to get to shift faster on upshifts.

What I'm thinking is if I go to Auto TCC and decrease the time the TCC takes to engage would main faster apply and release.

This is where I start to get confused, I look under apply release speed full throttle, I go to normal. it says the speeds are MPH, and they are at like 318 for the 2nd apply, 122 for 3rd apply, 318 for forth.

can someone please enlighten me

Tuner
    They are unattainable speeds, meaning it won't lock in those areas. Unless you are running a good aftermarket TC I wouldn't lock it under WOT.

If you are trying to adjust shift speeds, you can't do that in the TC table.
    98 Buick GSX IS3 Heads/GenVblower/cammed/intercooled and stalled
    02 Collector Edition Trans Am WS6
    94 S-10 with Rancho 3" lift on 33's
    93 Typhoon
    07 Tahoe

Senior Tuner
    The only thing I would do with the TCC tables on a V6 is set your Max TCC to 100 and min to 55. In doing this you will want to actually raise your shift speeds a little and make sure you raise your downshift speed the same amount(Retain the difference between upshift and downshift). Not too crazy either, just a bit. Having your min set to 55 will actually make the TCC lock nice in cruise and help with fuel mileage a bit too! If you find that 55 is making the TC lock a little hard on you lower the MIN value to 50. Keep the MAX value at 100% though.