Thread: MAF file for scanner not working

Tuner in Training whiteboy572ci's Avatar

MAF file for scanner not working

I have copied i maf vs stft on one of the stickies and am getting a no response when i try to log them. dynamic airflow off, etc. Can someone post up a good maf scanner pid for me please. Have finished VE already and trying to move to the next step.
    My buddie that tuned it used the 02 bung off the collector and left the 02 plugged in and i think he over compensated for ambient oxygen and now im getting 16mpg vs the 28+ i was getting before. Thanks!

If he put it in OL, then that o2 in free air means nothing.

Learn to setup the scanner yourself. This tool is a whole lot more effective when you know how to use it yourself

Add only PIDs you need. For MAF tuning only, you need AFR error, commanded AFR and MAF Hz. Then just use the standard config. If you are using STFTs instead of a WB (WB would be better and you could actually do the whole curve and do it correctly) then you only need the log STFT bank 1 and 2 then plot the STFT sensor against the MAF Hz in the histogram.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner in Training whiteboy572ci's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00 View Post
    If he put it in OL, then that o2 in free air means nothing.

Learn to setup the scanner yourself. This tool is a whole lot more effective when you know how to use it yourself

Add only PIDs you need. For MAF tuning only, you need AFR error, commanded AFR and MAF Hz. Then just use the standard config. If you are using STFTs instead of a WB (WB would be better and you could actually do the whole curve and do it correctly) then you only need the log STFT bank 1 and 2 then plot the STFT sensor against the MAF Hz in the histogram.
    Im using the stft/maf freq i got from a sticky and said system was not detected or something like i didnt have a maf? I think he was tuning in cl also.