Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trans Segment swaps

Advanced Tuner
    So if i swap a 4L60e to a 4L80e i will have to send you my file to Hptuners.com?

Just want to make sure, im still lerning...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If you want a 4l80 segment swapped in,yes.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    So the file of a tranny 4l60e is differnt from a 4l80. Ive seen files from trucks that have the 4l80 at the tune resporitory and it looks the same as the 4l60, whats the difference?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I believe the gear ratios are different, there are likely also hundreds of other differences that you just can't see in the software.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by 02Ls1 View Post
    So the file of a tranny 4l60e is differnt from a 4l80. Ive seen files from trucks that have the 4l80 at the tune resporitory and it looks the same as the 4l60, whats the difference?
    It's answered in your thread title.... it's a different trans and DTC segment entirely.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Tuner in Training
    Quick question, I am going to need to send you my files in the very near future here, is there any way I or you can eliminate the tcc unlocking whenever you let off the throttle? That is my only complaint of the 80e, and to be honest it drives me nuts.

Use a 60 segment and a relay and some wiring changes to run the 80.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Use a 60 segment and a relay and some wiring changes to run the 80.
    Any more info on this, or link if its already been discussed?
    Thanks for the reply!

I have a 2005 GTO that was an M6. We put in a 4L80E and we are using a pcs tcm-2000 to control it. It works well, but..... we need help with the speedometer. I am being told that we need to change some setting in hpt in the speedometer files. But the files settings are not there, they are only there in a file for an "automatic".

Is it possible to change my m6 file to an auto file? I do have hpt and a stock a4 tune. And my m6 tune files. Or somehow add these files to my M6 tune?

screen shot of my speedo settings

Last edited by tom's2005gto; 06-25-2011 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tom's2005gto View Post
    I have a 2005 GTO that was an M6. We put in a 4L80E and we are using a pcs tcm-2000 to control it. It works well, but..... we need help with the speedometer. I am being told that we need to change some setting in hpt in the speedometer files. But the files settings are not there, they are only there in a file for an "automatic".

Is it possible to change my m6 file to an auto file? I do have hpt and a stock a4 tune. And my m6 tune files. Or somehow add these files to my M6 tune?

anyone?

Tuner
    Which I could help Tom I don't want to see you sell it lol. Hopefully somebody will post up some info.

Quote Originally Posted by kjhallex View Post
    Which I could help Tom I don't want to see you sell it lol. Hopefully somebody will post up some info.
    This has to be resolved for me to enjoy and keep this car. I am to the point that I don't enjoy the car, just for this one reason. This year is it for me. I have set a deadline of this year to resolve this and a few other minor issue's. If it can't be done by then..... it's gone. I'll either buy a new vette or hopefully go back "old school" to the days of carburetors and points. LOL

I want to be clear. I want to keep this car. I want to drive it, and enjoy it. But it has to be right, obviously I am a perfectionist. LOL Before I give up and bail out, I will talk with Nick Williams about having it delivered to him and see if his wizard abilities can figure it out.
    Last edited by tom's2005gto; 06-28-2011 at 09:49 AM.

That must be older software. Email support and ask for the beta to be made available to you on your customer page.

I just had an 05 M6 GTO this AM; the speedo popup in the editor should have a tab labeled General with everything you need on it.

Here is a screen shot I just made of his file.

Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

^^^ just got the link for the beta version posted to my account. I'll work on setting it up tonight.

Thanks for the tip. I hope it's one of the major key to resolving this issue.

well, I have hpt beta downloaded and running. I opened my current tune file and look at speedo setting and the layout is a bit different, but that's all I see. So, I went and downloaded the tune from the car, same results.

any suggestions?

What gears and tire size are you using?

We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

Quote Originally Posted by Google View Post
    What gears and tire size are you using?

The tires aren't on the car right now, but a rough measurement shows almost 26". And currently has the stock 3.46 gears but in the process of changing to a 3.31

well, I have hpt beta downloaded and running. I opened my current tune file and look at speedo setting and the layout is a bit different, but that's all I see. So, I went and downloaded the tune from the car, same results.

any suggestions?

Every field in the pic that you posted above is there, the tab layout is just different. What is in the original screenshot from the auto that you posted that is missing?
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Someone is telling me that I am missing? the setting regarding DRIVE SHAFT REVOLUTIONS

What if I had the enhanced 1 bar maf done which changed my OS? Will I just need to match the original OS?
    2003 5.7 RCSB 224/228 114 60lb MOTORONS LONG TUBE HEADERS CAT DELETE 4L80E 3.73