Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: LNF STFT and LTFT Tuning

hope you got money put aside for a clutch lol. i have been babying my clutch since last spring and have lowered my torque vs gear chart in 4th and 5th to 75% till about 4000 rpm
    '09 cobalt ss. hahn intercooler, intake, cp,catless downpipe, ottp stage 2 mounts, hptuners, gmpp 3bar tmap sensors, hybrid hp tuned

Nope but I'll be taking it easy lol.
    09 Imperial blue ss/tc, sunroof, g85.
    Mods: Gms1, K&N sri, Injen cp, cia 3"catted dp, 3" Cia catback/ res delete, zzp ic, ottp stage 1 rotated mount, forge bpv, twm sts/ bushings, eibach sportlines, hawk hps pads, 235/40/18 BFG Gforce Ta kdw2's.

Tuner in Training
    I have been away for a while working on another project. I want to retune my LTFT and STFT using the method on page one. I am having trouble doing the copy and paste special. If someone could walk me through that process, it would be appreciated. This is what I am doing...

Open vcm scanner and select log. Open appropriate histogram and load data. Left click on the histo and do I select copy or copy with labels?

Open vcm editor and select file. Go to appropriate maf table and left click. Select paste special (multipy %) and nothing changes. What did I miss?
    2009 SS/TC

You need to select all of the data you want to copy first

Tuner in Training
    WOW! This works so much better than cell by cell lol. I wish I had asked about this when I tuned the fuel trims the first time. I felt I was asking way too many questions. I think I was approaching the MHMAF (million hour maf) like broke, except mine was all wrong. Three logs and I am very close to done, thanks!
    2009 SS/TC

I wouldn't have taken a million hours, maybe 2 million.

6 different intake / MAF location conglomerations before settling on one didn't help any.

Haven't touched the MAF freq table in a month. lol.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Potential Tuner
    my buddy has a 09 cobalt tc aem 4 inch intake... hahn intercooler piping... lightened underdrive pulley... hahn inter cooler... stage 1 cams springs and retainers along with a qtp cutout and hahn exhaust. he took it to a shop the other day to get it tuned and he only put out 318hp and 378tq... Does that sound right?¿

Advanced Tuner
    Sounds low, but how extreme is the tune? Sounds like an average stock turbo bolt on tc... all dynos read differently as well, any baseline runs at the same dyno

Tried tuning fuel trims using injector constant for long term and maf correction for short term.. Worked out great.. My LFTF's literally sit between 0 and +-1% and stfts between -3% and 3%

That works well for E85 but I wouldnt do that for just Gas personally.

Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    That works well for E85 but I wouldnt do that for just Gas personally.

Lucky for me I'm in the process of working with E

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    so if i understnad the instructions correctly make all the (base) cells 1.0 and use lt+st to correct the maf curve? i need a refresher ive been away from my car for too long 8(
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Yes. 1 out the base table then use the LT+ST on the MAF Freq range to get it as close as possible. Then use the same Histo on the base table to get the diff load ranges at the same freq all dialed in.

ahh im remembering again thanks BYT

Going to try tis out now thanks Nick!
    Last edited by Dayhoff35; 06-30-2011 at 07:04 PM.

Hey guys i started making some of the tables and think i have them most of the way right. For two of them however i am missing what goes on the axis and i was wondering if you guys could help me out, i read this whole thread and didnt find it. I might have missed it though. Heres the screen shots of the histograms.

this should get you more than started

ok i loaded all of those ill try it out tomorrow thanks!

ok guy having some problems with the fuel trims and or i think its causing the problems the car jerks back and forth under load bad i've tryed to 0 out the trims but she wont do it. look at time 5.41 to 5.48 to see what im talking about any ideas guys to lead me in the right area cause at this point LoL

mod List
    zzp 252 kit
    ported & polish head
    Wiseco forged LNF pistons
    K1 rods
    Supertech 78lb valve spring
    ARP headstuds for Ecotec
    hahn exhaust
    greddy PRofec e-01 boost controler
    AEM meth (not hook up)

you have a tune to post so people wanting to help can hunt for errors?