Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Windows7 install problem

Quote Originally Posted by NTIMID8 View Post
    I just ran into this issue as I routinely swap between the beta and the public release.

Go into control panel remove programs. Click on the Microsft net Framework 4 client profile. That is what is causing the new error message relating to the .net 2.0 install error.

Also, after you remove it windows will try to reinstall it. When it give you the message about updating, look at the important update, uncheck the box and then right click the mouse and select hide update.
    will this work for windows vista as well.. all the sudden i can not use my editor/scanner and when i try to install it it claims i need .net 2 framwrk so go too install it and its says i have it already??

Potential Tuner

Easy MSI Editor worked!

This fix works wihout unistalling the .NET 4 Framework Client Profile from Windows - which you might need for other programs.

Steps for Easy MSI Editor fix (Try this if you get stalled in Windows 7 at the ".NET Framework 2.0 not installed" error )
    If you're working from a CD, create a New Folder on your desktop and give it a name - like "VCM Suite Install", then copy all files from the CD to the new folder.

Download and install the Easy MSI Editor - I got a copy here:
    http://www.brothersoft.com/easy-msi-...oad-70589.html

When you run Easy MSI Editor, go to File/Open and Navigate to the VCM install files in your new folder and choose "setup.msi"
    Scroll down to the LaunchCondition table, right-click and Delete it. then save the file.
    Then just run setup.exe from the VCM install folder.

Good luck - might work for Vista too . . .
    Last edited by samsterid; 06-30-2010 at 03:39 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Here is 2.22 with the net 2.0 table removed http://files.hptuners.com/VCMSuite-2_22_NoLC.msi
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 07-07-2010 at 03:07 PM.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Bill,

The 2.22 works for me but i can install the beta, it needs the net 2.0 and i have the 4 for client installed and it asks for the 2.0. Whats the fix?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    samsterid posted it.

Tuner in Training
    Just got another Pro interface today (from the last one getting stolen) and ran into this problem. Just clicked on the link above that Bill provided and Boom, back in business! Thanks!

Thanks for posting the link -- I had hit a wall trying to install the software on our Windows 7 desktop.

Ran into the "missing" .net 2 issue upon trying to intall a new beta on my Vista laptop. Never an issue with past betas.

The mentioned Easy MSI Editor fixed my Vista issue!

Installed the same beta on my XP desktop first w/o issue. In checking, I think something got hosed by MS, not HPT, with my Vista intall of the .NET Framework 4 Client Profile a few days before this.

Good engineering is simply finding the right wrench to pound in the correct screw.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, silly question...
    I have the last beta installer file I had downloaded in my documents folder. I opened it with MSI Editor and can see "Launch Conditions" but all I can do with a right click is copy, I can't delete it.

Sorry if this is an obvious or stupid question, I'm a Mac guy that only uses Windows because I have to! In Mac I would right click on the installer file and "Show Package Contents", I guess that doesn't work in this situation? I could install the public version I guess but won't I have the same problem when I then try to install the beta?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Where did you the beta software from? I've been sending out a link to the beta that already has teh net 2.0 check removed so it sounds to me like you either got it from some other source or are using an old beta version, in either case email support and we'll get you the link so you don't have to do the legwork yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Bill! Oh and don't worry, I asked for the beta with my serial number that I paid for! I didn't check the version but I'm guessing it's been 6 months or so since I asked for the beta. I'll send support an email right now.

Sorry if I wasn't supposed to talk about beta stuff on here. I should have just emailed support but I saw this thread and realized it was exactly what I was dealing with. I should have known you already fixed it in the beta! I'll email support first next time.

Thanks again Bill.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Not a problem just works out much better for you since we've already done the legwork

Tuner
    I Have Windows 7 And Can't Get the .net framework to work on my computer. I have windows 7 64 bit and this doesn't work. I need This operating stat. Please Help ASAP...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Here is 2.22 with the net 2.0 table removed http://files.hptuners.com/VCMSuite-2_22_NoLC.msi
    Thanks for the link. I have been reading and trying to install on my new laptop for a while. This made it go smooth as butter.
    1970 Corvette Convertible LS6 conversion with Keisler 5 speed and Steeroids.

Tuner in Training
    im getting "this product is not supported by Win 7 64 bit". when trying to install framework. I deleted the Framework 4 client profile and still wont work.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwrtrip75 View Post
    im getting "this product is not supported by Win 7 64 bit". when trying to install framework. I deleted the Framework 4 client profile and still wont work.
    Sounds like you are using a software version that has the netframework checks still.

Quote Originally Posted by samsterid View Post
    This fix works wihout unistalling the .NET 4 Framework Client Profile from Windows - which you might need for other programs.

Steps for Easy MSI Editor fix (Try this if you get stalled in Windows 7 at the ".NET Framework 2.0 not installed" error )
    If you're working from a CD, create a New Folder on your desktop and give it a name - like "VCM Suite Install", then copy all files from the CD to the new folder.

Download and install the Easy MSI Editor - I got a copy here:
    http://www.brothersoft.com/easy-msi-...oad-70589.html

When you run Easy MSI Editor, go to File/Open and Navigate to the VCM install files in your new folder and choose "setup.msi"
    Scroll down to the LaunchCondition table, right-click and Delete it. then save the file.
    Then just run setup.exe from the VCM install folder.

Good luck - might work for Vista too . . .

Hey guys this worksIf you have Windows 7 - 64 bit this will make you
    2008 Auto, Z51, 273, Vararam and tune

[IMG][/IMG]

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    still doesn't work.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by ms38w View Post
    still doesn't work.
    It definitely works, tested and proven to work by at least a thousand of our customers.

just worked for me with W7 x64 thanks.
    1998 SN95 - 620WHP - 11.23 @ 125mph
    2004 SRT4 - 424 WHP - 12.00 @ 117mph
    2000 Z24 - 280 WHP - 13.3 @ 108mph